I had no idea Evo Drivers had such wit !!!

Why get involved ??

They're losing the argument all by themselves ...

He who has the bigger chip on their shoulder generally ends up the weaker ...

My Sunday school teacher told me that last week ....

I heard that the lower gear ratio on 4x4's is equivelant to around 150bhp........yeh right!!

I've never heard so much bull@&it in all my life, its like the guys that pull up behind you in there 1.2 big bore exhaust Nova's and then overtake you 100 yards down the road, and get all smiley like they have achieved something....the fact that you set off at normal speed cos your either in a built up area with kid's around or have nothing to prove, ( 65bhp Nova 'vs' 225-350bhp Scooby), even with my granny driving, she could not lose with that kind of power difference, oh and she's been dead for 6 years!!!

If these guys get off on this kind of bull, then let them.

Mark

PS By the very fact that this thread is ongoing like this, it's playing into their hands, so please ignore my comments!!!!

Don't agree Mark ...

The tone of this thread is totally different to the pre-pubescent aggressive ramblings coming from the Evo lot ...

We are just pointing out a few salient facts while they are getting dafter by the minute ..

Pretty soon they'll be claiming that their grannies, complete with 4x4 low ratio walking frames can outrun a chipped up Scooby over the quarter mile without so much as breaking a sweat ...

I also have a Jeep Cherokee limited,4.0 ltr straight six,sports selectable autobox,LSD and fully loaded with the usual luxury bits.

Yes it's quick and yes i can lay down rubber from a standing start BUT it is in a different league to the likes of scoobies,evo's and the like.

O-60 is about 9 seconds which is good for a 4x4 (quick enough to upset a few hot hatches) but Impreza's ??? Who is he trying to kid?

The person who reckons he burnt off a scooby in his 4x4 is...

Full off sh*t and is just trying to provoke a feud between fellow performance car owners.

I have nothing against Evo's or cossies etc, i don't dislike them i just prefer to own and drive the no1 in performance 4x4(sorry AWD!) cars.

steve.

I used to have a Ford 2.8 V6 powered landrover, very light engine compared to the standard 2.2 lump or the V8, when i sometimes put that in low box (automatically goes 4wd) to get out on busy roundabouts, you would be surprised how it took off and kept going, set off in 2nd then only 2 gear changes left to top gear (4th),

granted it had run out of revs at about 40mph, set off fast enough to loose your vision, no wheel spin, just a smelly clutch (used a transit diesel clutch).

Moral is , be careful of what your up against, you may be embarresed.

I have looked at that thread, and whilst it is probably true, it is all in jest and somebody missed the funny side and then it went nasty...probably still in jest.

At the end of the day they were only having a laugh.face-icon-small-wink.gif