Another one leaving the fold...

Greetings, citizens.

A number of people seem to be jumping ship at the moment, and I'm afraid as of today I'm including myself in that category. [:D]

After 2 and half years in the Scoob, I've decided to move on and today agreed to trade it in for the new Plugmobile.. (cue drum roll)

A C class Mercedes!

I can sense your indifference... but in my defence it is an AMG C43.. 305 of the finest german V8 horses shoe-horned under the bonnet. Test drove it today and it is a bit of a beastie, the auto box blunts the acceleration a bit off the line (however it still hits 60 in 5.5, allegedly) but when it's moving and you plant your right foot it hurls itself at the horizon. [:(]

Feels a little heavy after the Scoob as well, I would guess it tips the scales at 1600 Kg at least so it is giving away 300 Kg or so.. but it did feel very well planted, ride was supple and comfortable but still firm. The interior.. well, it makes the Scoob look very plastic indeed. But then it did cost over the first owner over £50K.... more leather and carbon fibre than you can shake a stick at.

Coming home from the test drive today (50 miles), I did appreciate the Scoob even more, knowing I'll only have it another week.. the route was mostly sweeping A roads, a few twistys and some motorway.. I was pressing on and it handled everything without breaking a sweat. What a great car.

I plan on keeping the Merc for a couple of years, but the Scooby experience is hard to beat.. I'm sure one day I'll have another.

I'll still be around on the forum unless anyone really objects.. but I can't see that happening here. I don't get around much in the cyber world, but this forum is one of friendliest I've found. Thanks to everyone.

Cheers,

Plug

Nearly purchased a silver E55 AMG last week from main merc dealer in Stratford upon Avon - They have / had a 1999 T with 33,500 miles FSH and I got them down to £13250 but ended up with the scooby instead

Bills was my major worry and also that the 210 chassis was apparently prone to rusting due to the type of paint used on the car (don't know about the C43's) - if you go down that route with the C43 do a search for some of the merc forums - they are very helpful and will give you an straight answer to any questions you may have

Good luck with it if you go ahead, nice bit of kit and they say that the C43/E55 AMG's where the last of the properly built Mercs

Drew