Has anyone drivena Boxster??

No hairdresser gags, please.

I've seen quite a nice looking one for sale that I'm thinking of going to have a look at. I've driven a few 911s but never a Boxster, anyone know if they are any good? I've heard they handle quite tidily....

And in my defence it is the 3.2S I'm interested in.. so 260 brake and 60 in 5.5 seconds, not too shabby [:(]

Cheers,

Plug

I've only driven a couple of 911s in the past, never a Boxster. However, a mate of mine who works at a Porsche dealership told me that the Boxster is the much better car to drive in terms of mastering it easily. Instantly more easy to whisk along at speed compared to the 911 which requires rather a lot of experience to get the hang of. In saying that though, the 911 will deliver the better experience overall if you really 'get into' the car. I'll never forget riding shotgun in a different friend's 993 and just sitting there shocked at what the car could do in experienced hands!

I had the use of a speed yellow 3.2S for a month about 2 yrs ago and was very pleasantly suprised!  Not at all how i expected it to behave.  Have to say, if i was in the market for such a car, i'd consider one. you'd also get a very nice 993 for the same new money tho and as they say, there's no substitute for the real thing! [:(]

I had the use of a speed yellow 3.2S for a month about 2 yrs ago and was very pleasantly suprised!  Not at all how i expected it to behave.  Have to say, if i was in the market for such a car, i'd consider one. you'd also get a very nice 993 for the same new money tho and as they say, there's no substitute for the real thing! [:(]

Sadly not, Nobby. I'd love a 993 (last of the real Porsches) but I'm struggling to even find a decent 964 for the money I've got to spend. The boxster has a fair few miles on the clock but it has been well looked after and looks promising...

Cheers,

Plug