De-cat advice

Hi guys bought a ninja backbox from a guy, he also has the de-cat pipe that hes willing to fling into the deal for 50 squid, so sound good. Am worried tho how this will affect my car will it still be legal? and will my car run smooth with it and will there be a noticable performance diff? or should i just leave it and get PPP in a few months?

Greig

Greig,

IMHO (opinion)

I had a Blitz Nur sec R on my car. it was a decat. its not legal. the car ran like a jamjar filled with wasps.

Had i got it mapped with the new illegal decat on it.......it would have added maybe 10%power and driven smoothly.

YOUR CASE-

Pro's- cheap. you want it. youll get slightly more performance and open yourself up for the mods ahead. you could buy this then get a remap/fuel pump and IC hose (this will give you PPP power without spending 2k)

Against- i think.......a maps needed. whys he selling it? its illegalface-icon-small-tongue.gif

hope this helps

NB. most people have decats and never get checked by VOSE.

If your car is a WRX and not an STI the you will be fine.

You should notice a nice little boost in performance

On the other hand if its an STI, then dont do it unless your going to re map it straight away.

Fitting the de cat downpipe plays havoc with the car and can result in engine damage.

Mines came in to the country with a stainless on it anyway. But i took the cats out so its now, literaly, a straight through!!!!!!

I have one silencer left on it and its sounds deep and really loud.

I never got mines re-maped. Was told it wouldnt need it. Mines is an STI v2 but was told to reset my ecu and it would do the rest. That was 2 years ago now and NEVER had ANY bother. It runs about 300bhp after a few other minor mods.