A deal for SIDC members with Kwik fit

Guys and gals,

I`ve been working on a deal recently with the local (Tayside) Kwik Fit branches to give club members some form of discount at their depots. It`s now looking promising and is to go ahead locally as a trial. Initailly it is to be rolled out in Tayside and depending on the commercial success of the scheme it may be extended further. Final details / member discout cards etc are still to be ironed out. What i would say though is that if this scheme proves to be valid in the initial trials this could save us all a fair bit on consumables. More details to follow as they are available. Just thought i`d give you all the heads up on this.

Please participate in this poll, even if you are outwith the initial test area.

Pete

49 views yet no poll inputs face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

This is a good example of why on occassions the RO`s are apprehensive to arrange things, put a lot of work into something which is for the benefit of all members and they can`t even be bothered polling or posting a comment. face-icon-small-frown.gif

Good on you for organising this,

Through previous experiences with Kwik Fit Pete, I would not take my car to them, not even to change a battery.

I know all places and employees are not the same but once bitten......

Im sure there are a lot of positive stories for the company.

Scott

hello pete you would need more than sidc 10% with the prices kwikfit charge .I went and asked dave murray were he got his tyres for his trucks so he phoned up who he deals with i got a fair bit of the price and he deals with Mchonechys and if hadnt of got them throught dave they were still cheaper than kwikfit for four different brands of high performance tyre.kev

I wouldn't qualify pete as I'm not from the area, but I probably wouldn't use them either. I went to one on Wednesday near work where I could get a puncture repair done for free (the company gives them plenty of business), but they couldn't fix it, which was fair enough as the nail's gone in at a stupid angle. I enquired about prices for tyres for future reference and they were at least 15% more expensive than Black Circles.

The transport manager at work had also said to me that if the tyre wasn't repairable then not to buy from them anyway as they weren't the cheapest.

They also scratched a wheel on my last car and refused to take responsibility for it.

Sorry mate.

Only thing I would ever contemplate going to them for would be tyres, but since I was pleased with the service and price (F1's fitted cheaper than Black Circles even with SIDC discount) I got from Jim Dickson, plus I like to support the little guy, there's nothing that interests me there. Sorry to be negative, but it's the truth.

No skin off my nose folks, thats all i`m looking for "feedback".

It`s the old how can we expect companies to change if they don`t get feedback.

If anyone has anything they would rather not post on an open forum please email me direct,

remember that when i say this i mean anything that could potentialy get the club in trouble for liable. As has been highlighted not all staff are the same, I have only ever dealt with the staff in Dundee, Forfar and Arbroath and haven`t had any problems in the 10 years or so I`ve dealt with them. They have always been courtious and helpfull, which IMHO warranted a slight difference in price but hey it`s upto the individual as it`s their hard earned.

Keep the input comin folks.

Pete