whens the next organised SIDC run?

I posted in the glasgow meet thread from last night stating the fact that there is a what i believe to be a shortage of good/organised runs across the board.

The need to drive gumball style is leaving me, however i still enjoy using my subaru impreza as it was intended (opinion)

So, can anyone tell me when the next run is? or is anyone intending to organise something else?

I dont want to do it because the feeling no doubt would be that it was some kind of mad max style outing, and thats not what im looking for. I just dont want to have my 300 odd pony car getting old before his time.face-icon-small-sad.gifface-icon-small-sad.gifface-icon-small-sad.gifface-icon-small-sad.gif

SUBARU IMPREZA drivers CLUB

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris

i havent been here long and havent yet got a membership so maybe i cant comment but i think a run soon would be a good idea.

Where does it normally happen and how often?

I got my car to drive it tooface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-smile.gif

<< you drive,dirve,drive(quickly) >>

eddie- what normally happens is we all meet up at a designated time and location which is kept as low key as possible to avoid unwanted attention.

we are given maps (usually supplied by Imy and Squirrel) then we set of as a convoy along the route.

the runs are most enjoyable and gives a good chance to meet people from other areas across the country rather than just the members in your meet area.

in the past there has been a great turnout.

the pace is different depending on where in the convoy you find yourself/get to.

1. steady pace

2. slightly slower

3. family group

i couldnt big this up enough!!! its a top day and in my opinion for what its worth should happen on a monthly basis.face-icon-small-smile.gif

The runs are the best day out you can have! good chance to meet everyone, good fun and some excellent roads that you've probably never driven on.. always superbly organised. Cant wait for the next one! it'll be the first one i do in me new turbo to face-icon-small-happy.gif

D.

chrissy- the pax laps are available however they may not be what your expecting from now on! easy paced and at the rear from now on. enjoying the scenery.

Don- that car was awesome on the last one!! i would never has known when i saw it bombing along

lets do one again soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!face-icon-small-smile.gif

<< The runs are the best day out you can have! good chance to meet everyone, good fun and some excellent roads that you've probably never driven on.. always superbly organised. Cant wait for the next one! it'll be the first one i do in me new turbo to face-icon-small-happy.gif

D. >>

Don: Did you go to the GlaSGOW meet . What did you get m8...face-icon-small-wink.gif

sounds good..... how about (just a wee suggestion) we head down the east coast this time, some nice roads down in the borders around Galasheils & Hawick.

I would like to state my driving style should such an event occur: slowly, watching the scenery. face-icon-small-happy.gif

sorry guys. dont think I will be back at any other runs,or less I tag on at least 10 minutes behind any other car. The last run cost me a new windscreen plus paintwork to the front end of the car all very badly chipped. the joys of convoy motoring.

brian.face-icon-small-cool.gif

<< sorry guys. dont think I will be back at any other runs,or less I tag on at least 10 minutes behind any other car. The last run cost me a new windscreen plus paintwork to the front end of the car all very badly chipped. the joys of convoy motoring.

brian.face-icon-small-cool.gif >>

I noticed a fair few chips on mine too.....................that is why i pushed up to be one of the front 4 in the recce section!!!!! face-icon-small-wink.gifface-icon-small-wink.gif

At the end of the day it is only a car and it is meant for abit of hard driving every now and again face-icon-small-happy.gif

The offer of a run down the Solway coast is still on the cards.If interested let me know and i'll organise the Hotel in Powfoot for bar suppers.Its somewhere we havent been before and the route is easily explained on one sheet of paper.I would suggest we wait until this g8 crap and Fast and Modified is over.Let me know what your thoughts are and we'll get it sorted.Maybe 4-5 hours round trip.face-icon-small-smile.gif

As well as Billy's potential Solway coast run, Squirrel and I had started the 'planning' wheels in motion for the next run.

Lessons have been learnt from the Highland run, new rules will be in place (purely to protect everyone's safety and slightly curb the madness face-icon-small-wink.gif ), additional petrol stations identified and areas scouted.

Some clickys below to let the newbies see what its all about. We will be keeping to the same format ........

Highland Gathering run details

feedback from Highland run

will announce details soon.

Imy face-icon-small-cool.gif

Ps - just want to reassure peeps that the police attention was minimal. We have identified what went wrong and will try and avoid it happening again.

I am in the final stages of planning the next run.

Looking at the end of August, starting central and heading south east

Some of the extra criteria in this run will include a tarmac surface check with dubious surfaces avoided or noted on maps.

Gumball will have 2 of his coils disconnected to drastically reduce the GBL's power output.

Brian, sorry for Mr JDM's remark and you knocked the nail on the head with "OBVIOUSLY MORE MONEY THAN SENSE". Sorry for the chips and screen damage, i will ensure that the surfaces we aim for are completely smooth.

Grant