CADS June Meet

<< Where do you see the CADS going from here, or more precisely, how would you like to see it go? >>

More along the lines of the LADS, Membership fee, car stickers, more use of clothing, dependant upon numbers presentations by suppliers etc, and anything what members wantface-icon-small-wink.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<< just out of curiosity...how many Cads members are members of the Sidc....it should be all of em in my opinion.

Bob..are we gonna start runningthese meets with an agenda, and actually sort things out and progress on beyond the meets just being a show up at a pub have a netter and something to eat, i thin kwe need to start focusing on issues and aother matters.

Rob. >>

someones been to to many LADS meets!!!!!!!!!face-icon-small-happy.gif

And i thought it was just a get together of scooby driving car owners!

<< really simple.

you have a start point...the route is unknown until you are given directions(cryptic that is) on the day.

each person is set off at x minutes intervals.

you have clues to find, could be phone numbers in telephone boxes, numbers on Doors...whatever, could be anything.

its all judged on a point scale....from the clues you found, the time it took you, and the distance travelled.

the finish point can be anywhere, but best to be where you started from, just incase anyone screws up completely and they can return to base .

i have been told it is good to do the route doubling back on itself (but it may not be)....that way you meet others coming the other way.......lol >>

i like the sound of that!!!!!!

ragging round in scoobys trying to find clues. now thats what i call an idea..........

i'm well up for this!!!!!!!!

cannon ball will have nothing on this!

<<

<< really simple. you have a start point...the route is unknown until you are given directions(cryptic that is) on the day. each person is set off at x minutes intervals. you have clues to find, could be phone numbers in telephone boxes, numbers on Doors...whatever, could be anything. its all judged on a point scale....from the clues you found, the time it took you, and the distance travelled. the finish point can be anywhere, but best to be where you started from, just incase anyone screws up completely and they can return to base . i have been told it is good to do the route doubling back on itself (but it may not be)....that way you meet others coming the other way.......lol >>

i like the sound of that!!!!!! ragging round in scoobys trying to find clues. now thats what i call an idea.......... i'm well up for this!!!!!!!! cannon ball will have nothing on this! >>

Just the opposite you normally have to drive very slowly otherwise you end up lost very quickly. Plus most involve stopping and get some info. Like the cost of a brick from a diy shop and scavenger list to get as you are going round, e.g. beer mat, cold chip, crisp packet, leaflet for something etc etc

WOW!

Not just the weather hotting up then!, sorry we didn't make the meet.....Don't like to let the side down face-icon-small-sad.gif

On the flip-side, had a great day out in snowdonia...and hopefully going recrute a new sidc (cads) member too. Just bought his scoob after much harrasment by my Mate and Me, And loves it to bits! Said he should have done it a long time ago!

Had a great (enthusiastic) drive out through the mountains to Blackrock sands and back. And Some figure of 8 sideways fun on the beach (in a quite spot)..

<< ( except for Tatton Show that is). >> face-icon-small-wink.gif

Any comment must be good, as It shows some concern for the club. Although I think it has to be whatever it's members ( or the majority) want it to be. I'm pround to tell people that CADS is the NW devision of SIDC, and have no worries about it being it's own independent club.

This doesn't mean that I don't promote CADS, it's all about the scoobs to me and a chance to talk to and meet other people who don't mind you waffling on about your car...guess I'm simple mided that way!! lol

I know this is going back a few posts but I've been away for the weekend:

<<

<< just out of curiosity...how many Cads members are members of the Sidc....it should be all of em in my opinion >>

To my mind Rob that statement implies that you want non SIDC members to be excluded from CADS.

This may not have been the sentiment behind the comment but to be honest thats how I read it also. It not allways easy to understand someones point of view in text . My wife thought my previous post was out of order, however that was not my intention, I was just trying to give an opinion.

The NBO wasn't well attended by CADS either although our last minute stand was up with the best its a pity we didn't know about the competition for best club stand and a couple of us left before the judging and partly dismantled the stand...........there is always next year by which time I'm hopeful we will be better prepared.

There may have been better CADS attandence at the NBO if it had been communicated better. I know there was a thread but there was little posting on it in the run up to the event. No mention of who was going or meeting points (I realise the people don't like to be routes on the forum but there allways PM's or email). I put a post on the day before asking if people were still going and from where, with little response other than Rasher's, unforunately I saw this too late. I appretiate that my post could have been missed as it was the day before the event. My point is that I should not have needed to ask. Obviously discussion took place as there was a CADS stand(which I didn't know about until I arrived) but there was no communication, more CADS, SIDC or not may have turned up if they had been told.

Treasure hunt thing sounds OK wouldn't mind giving that a go.

Did anything get discussed today?

Apologies for the font, could not get it right, adding text between quotes, all got a bit messy.

Andy

<< it's all about the scoobs to me and a chance to talk to and meet other people who don't mind you waffling on about your car...guess I'm simple mided that way!! lol >>

Couldn't agree moreface-icon-small-smile.gif

Only 139 posts to go to get rid of this damm newbie title.

Andy.

Cheers Andy!

I think it's a little difficult sometimes...because for us (and many others I assume) there's so much to do that it's not easy to keep up with whats going on. I have a hard enough time keeping track of what our 3 kids are doing in school each day (trips & homework etc)

So we don't get to check through all the various threads to find out whats happening all the time, and as a result tend to miss things until the last minute (or completely!!). Not blaming anyone but ourselves for this though!!

Just makes me feel a bit cheeky when I express an opinion about how things are done, because of our less than 100% input face-icon-small-sad.gif

But when we are involved, I hope we give it all we can!

Proud to be an CADS-SIDC member!!!

And I do sympathise with Bob's position (not a job I'd want to take on), And as I've said before about Tatton. I just wish we had had an SIDC/CADS banner and some membership forms. Which we would have been happy to have had made ourselves if we had know there wasn't going to be any there...

Thanks for the comments CADS!

Rob and I (the only attendees at the meet) had a good discussion and although it probably didn't seem like it on this thread are in fact singing from the same hymn sheet.face-icon-small-wink.gif

We will be forming a committee, of longstanding CADS, to formalise the membership and running of the CADS and so we can afford to buy some CADS car stickers etc, and will be encouraging members to join the SIDC as well.

Rob has come up with some good suggestions for "events" lets hope he gets the support from members.

Picking up Andy's comment re not knowing have you set your profile so you're emailed when anything is posted in the CADS section M8.face-icon-small-blush.gif Just don't subscribe to a thread as well as you'll get 2 emailsface-icon-small-smile.gif

I would encxourage every CAD to come to the next meeting as we are keen to take matters forward without losing the current friendly atmosphere.

Please free to PM me if you have any questions.

<< Picking up Andy's comment re not knowing have you set your profile so you're emailed when anything is posted in the CADS section M8.face-icon-small-blush.gif Just don't subscribe to a thread as well as you'll get 2 emailsface-icon-small-smile.gif >>

Well no I haven't but I do look in the CADS section most days even if I don't post. But in the case of the NBO it would have made no difference, because there was nothing in the thread to say there would be a CADS stand or any meeting points etc etc.face-icon-small-smile.gif

My point was that a CADS presense was made at the NBO but only a few CADS new about it.

Sorry to go on, just wanted to clarify my point.

Andy.

I have only been to one meet and had a good time I am now unfortunately Scoobyless (hopefully this is temporary) If I am welcome in my Renault Laguna 1.9D (company car) and have the time I will go to next one if I dont get stick over the car.

Keep up the good work Bob..............

<< Well no I haven't but I do look in the CADS section most days even if I don't post. But in the case of the NBO it would have made no difference, because there was nothing in the thread to say there would be a CADS stand or any meeting points etc etc. >>

That's true Andy but we only fouynd out on the Thursday night we could have a stand and we were limited to 4/5 cars, so it was a matter of getting those who could supply bits at short notice.

• 2 weeks later...