CADS June Meet

<< I wouldn't wish to be to prescriptive tho' as I am keen to keep it family orientated. >>

I would be inclined to agree, I spend enough time in meetings during the week without doing it during was is supposed to be a lesiure activity. Making it more formal ditracts from what is a social gathering and would seem somewhat anoraky, but depends what you have in mind. I would be all for more runs out karting and the like, this would be great. However making it SIDC memebers only is not the way to attract more people to the meets and is more likely to put people off. I can understand only having SIDC members on the CADS stand at the NBO for example, but for everthing seems a bit much, unfriendly and unsocialble.

As Bob points out he could not generate enoungh interest in the karting event including non members willing to attend (me). If you can't get enough numbers at the moment then what chance have you got if its SIDC members only?

Just my opinion, if I'm intitled to one being a non member.

Andy.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suppose the fact that the forum is open to non members sets a sort of precedence. Plus dont the lads charge a few quid for membership. Personally I wouldnt mine paying a few quid to get some stickers made buying stuff for shows, stamps, stationary etc.

I think anyone can turn up but show stand space should be given to full sidc members first.

<< Plus dont the lads charge a few quid for membership. Personally I wouldnt mine paying a few quid to get some stickers made buying stuff for shows, stamps, stationary etc. >>

Yes Chris and on that note I'm trying to get a quote for car stickers so we can discuss a charge if that's what people want.

Personally I'd like a CADS car sticker but others I can think of wouldn't. It's personal choice at the end of the day.

Rob I can see where you are coming from, but how many CADS are SIDC members I think we need to think about any change very carefully.

What do you want 5 or 6 SIDC CADS or 12+ non SIDC CADS?

quote from the website " The CADS members are however Northern members of the Subaru Impreza Drivers Club ".

now if you want reverse on this , its fine by me, but for gods sake, we either are SIDC or we are not...

what ever happens, something has to be done, as the Cads club has gone pretty stale ( except for Tatton Show that is).

<< Surely we should be using CADS to gain new SIDC members not excluding non SIDC from the outsetface-icon-small-wink.gif >>

face-icon-small-wink.gif

You have gained 1 tonight, just paid my membership. Also I would not object to paying a few more quid for CADS.

As for stickers can't we have a SIDC one and a CADS one?

Andy

<< just out of curiosity...how many Cads members are members of the Sidc....it should be all of em in my opinion >>

To my mind Rob that statement implies that you want non SIDC members to be excluded from CADS.

As I have stated before the general apathy for whatever reason towards events that we have tried to organise is outstanding!face-icon-small-mad.gifface-icon-small-sad.gif

Track Day

Go Karting

Derbyshire Tour & meet with Midland Scoobies

2 weekends away @ British Rally Championship events.

Off Road Day

Tractor Pulling

Santa Cruise............was poorly attended with only a few of us attending

The NBO wasn't well attended by CADS either although our last minute stand was up with the best its a pity we didn't know about the competition for best club stand and a couple of us left before the judging and partly dismantled the stand...........there is always next year by which time I'm hopeful we will be better prepared.

If you've got any suggestions for events then I'm willing to listen and give you all the support I can.

<< What's your problem Rob??

You keep going on about SIDC and CADS does it matter at the end of the day if we have a mix ie SIDC and non SIDC Members?face-icon-small-mad.gif >>

whats my problem...i travel 44 miles to do what...eat a pub dinner...i can do that in my home town.

we need to start doing something to organise things.

i even brought videos and svcd's of our scooby exploits and something to watch em on, but was anybody interested in watchin em....nope.

<< whats my problem...i travel 44 miles to do what...eat a pub dinner...i can do that in my home town. >>

But you are with fellow enthusiasts of the Scooby and can chat!

<< we need to start doing something to organise things. >>

What do you want? Everything we've organised has been poorly supported!

<< i even brought videos and svcd's of our scooby exploits and something to watch em on, but was anybody interested in watchin em....nope. >>

The fact that you went to that trouble is commendable, but the fact that no one was interested must tell you something!........................my point exactly!!!!!!!

We can only atttend what there is!

As we do!

<< driving, such as treasure hunts. >>

Derbyshire tour?

Treasure hunt? Nice of you to volunteer to organise one!

<< AND THERE IS NO NEED TO START USING TERMS SUCH AS "WTF" IS THERE BOB! >>

Depends if you are sitting where I am and people are just griping but not offering solutions, at the end of the day you can't hold a gun to people's heads to participate!

Don't get me wrong Rob I appreciate where you are coming from and your participation but you canonly suggest events you can't press gang people!

really simple.

you have a start point...the route is unknown until you are given directions(cryptic that is) on the day.

each person is set off at x minutes intervals.

you have clues to find, could be phone numbers in telephone boxes, numbers on Doors...whatever, could be anything.

its all judged on a point scale....from the clues you found, the time it took you, and the distance travelled.

the finish point can be anywhere, but best to be where you started from, just incase anyone screws up completely and they can return to base .

i have been told it is good to do the route doubling back on itself (but it may not be)....that way you meet others coming the other way.......lol