Alloy Wheel Refurbishment, 10/10 For PPS Inverurie

The OE wheels on my MY98 where the only thing that was really wrong with my car when i bought it 2.5 years ago. They were soon replaced with Superleggeras and then Turinis so in all that time i've never really bothered with them other than use them as winter wheels.

However, last week i took the plunge and gave them to PPS Poweder Coating in Inverurie (Aberdeenshire) to have them refurbished.

Just dug out of the garage after four months spent on the car through winter (click for full size pic).

minging_1_thumb.jpg minging_2_thumb.jpg minging_3_thumb.jpg minging_4_thumb.jpg

15 mins with the power washer in don't give a feck mode.

washed_1_thumb.jpg washed_2_thumb.jpg washed_3_thumb.jpg washed_4_thumb.jpg

After PPS had worked their magic.

refurbed_1_thumb.jpg refurbed_2_thumb.jpg refurbed_3_thumb.jpg refurbed_4_thumb.jpg

Before

minging_4.jpg

After

refurbed_4.jpg

They are absolutely mint. Shot blasted inside and out then powder coated and baked to 180 degrees. The pictures really don't do the before and after pictures justice. face-icon-small-cool.gif

Just a note of caution.face-icon-small-shocked.gif

As i know of an owner of a MY98, who also had his standard scooby wheels refurbished and powder coated, only to find a month later that the wheels were cracking, due to the porous metal being aggravated by the heating processes and leading him to scrap to the wheels altogether.

That's unfortunate. I'll keep an eye on them but i'd be surprised if they did that. Sounds more like a case of screwed wheels or poor workmanship (i.e. oven too hot) rather than an inherant fault to me. I'm told PPS have never had a set of wheels returned to them and they've done more than a few sets. face-icon-small-smile.gif