OT: Weird new computer thingy

Hello all,

I've done the computer equivalent of "going over to the dark side", after umpteen years of PC ownership (anyone remember DOS 3.3?) I've bought a Mac...

Fed up with the noise of the PC in the living room, the Mac is near as dammit silent.. wonderful. But I am a complete newbie to OS X, anyone know somewhere to pick up a few pointers?

Cheers,

Plug

I'm sure you can, but those books (and other similar ones) do tend to point out things that might otherwise take years to find out. You did say you wnted somewhere for a few pointers. Having said that I've only used a couple of the other books in that range. I learned Mac OS through practise and off other Mac users.

Enjoy! face-icon-small-smile.gif

Changed the case on the PC a couple of months ago for a "silent" one with big, slow fans.. chopped in the graphics card for a fanless one and changed the processor heatsink for a huge copper jobby.. it was much better, but still not what I'd call "silent". I could have made it silent by taking the plug out..

I bought a Mac mini as it seemed that it would do nicely for general web-browsing/email in the living room.. and it is quieter than a church mouse that's been given a severe bollocking and told to wind its neck in. I've found it easy come to terms with OS X as a "user", it's happy days all round.

I still have the PC for when I need it. But for most of the time, it can sit there being a shelf...

Cheers,

Plug