COPPERS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be completely honest and not wanting to be part of the trivial banter, the P1 dude is right, letting your car run to get warm does more harm than good, but each to his own if the boy wants to warm his car up thats his buisness its a free country. However I can see the neighbours getting peed off every morning if you had a side exite pipe with no baffler. However unless your neighbour is Victor Meldrew there must be a reason to someone taking the time to write to the council. It works both ways. Why didnt he chap your door?

Personally, I would have asked nicely twice then burnt your car out, but there you go each to thier own.

Callum W

just bear in mind - if the neighbour has taken the time to involve the police (and the police will have a record of calling on you) - this will make it a LOT easier to obtain an ASBO.

Not getting into the right's & wrong's - just watch you dont end up with an ASBO! They seem to be handing them out like leaflets these days.

Claire-dunno which neighbour it was(anonymous letter to station)

P1 Paul-How do you expect Kate Seevers to get to work everyday if i don't start the car up and put it out front for her?..p.s..are you 102.??

Corsa/JC Scoob-you two are nuts but i like ya(include Swiggi)+Billyboy...you are in the S.L.F...that's why it's no problem....LOL.

Oobster-know what ya mean,don't need that kind of hassle.

WRXMANIA-My sentiments exactly,just chap my door an have a friendly word.

Ally-Extreme but an option.

Cal-Still have all cats in place.

Cheers everyone for their views and comments,just a bit pi**ed off at how people go about things in this area,it never

changes..........still,the thread replys cheered me up when i got in an read them.

Regards.

Del.+Mrs.Seevers.

I start work at 3.30-4am so leave the house as quietly as possible and to be honest if it was me who was gettin woken up for 15 minutes every day I wouldn't phone the police I would ask you to be a little more considerate and if you couldn't compromise I'm sure I could be a lot more persuasive. We all gotta live together.

Sorry to be a bore and i'm not 102 either. face-icon-small-wink.gif

There's no need for 15 minutes is there? a gentle run for 10 minutes below 3000 revs should be fine.

Guys some more bad news for ya. If a neighbour complains to the police about you then when you sell the house you are legally bound to let any potential buyer know of this dispute face-icon-small-sad.gif

Also I wouldn't sit with the car running for 15 mins because it is better to drive it to warm it up. Obviously not caining it though face-icon-small-wink.gifface-icon-small-smile.gif

on the radio this morning it was mentioned that from now on loud neighbours will be fined £100 quid by a team of 15 council people in edinburgh. They have a 30 min response time which means they will tend to miss people who sit around for only 15 minsface-icon-small-smile.gif

but i still think 15 mins is a wee bit longface-icon-small-wink.gif

so why not try 7.5 mins, the complaining people might appreciated the compromise.