garages in kent

hi i have a mot and service due and was wondering if any of you know any good garages in kent i used to take it to autoworld imports in canterbury but if i cannot find a descent garage on here will be trying riverdale in maidstone (where i live so bonus) or would it be worth wile phoneing waldonway subaru to see if they do imports now

thanks for reading this any info would be much apprieciated

Dont think waldonway will touch imports.

If you are happy to use Riverdale then speak to John (he used to have a 99RA Rally Slag lookalike) and mention Kent Scoobies, try to haggle for a discount....

Or you could take it to EXTREME SCOOBIES in Chelmsford essex....but its a bit of a treck

Oh and there is always Barretts Motorsport (i think) in Canterbury...one of the other lads will post up a number for them

good luck

jon

Here is the phone number for Barretts Rally Workshop, 864537. I have trecked from Canterbury to Xtreme and I was not impresed by the work they carried out!

They broke my Temp gauge couldnt fix it, gave me my car back with the temp gauge broken and it has cost ME £100 to get it replaced! face-icon-small-mad.gif

Barretts are slightly dearer but at least they know what they are doing! They charge an extra £15 for your mot if your exhaust is decated, cheaper than Xtreme!

face-icon-small-smile.gif

It may have been an off day for them! But I have the bills to prove it was a real bad for me! face-icon-small-sad.gif

It cost me £60 + vat to find out what exactly was wrong with my non working temp gauge, Barretts gave me a new one on loan! I managed to source one at a cost of £40 and passed it on to Barretts as I could not be bothered striping the gauges down to swap them over to fit another!

Basically I went to Extreme to get a derestriction and new dials installed, and in my opinion they were totally reckless when removing the temp gauge as it was totally crushed, motor housing fell off upon removal (diode and resistor bent where they were not meant to be)

Please note I am just one unhappy customer, I am sure there are many happy customers with Extreme! I would rather pay that wee bit extra and go to the peolpe who know what they are doing!

wee jock

I went into Fox's toyota today (badgers mount A224 nr orpington),and they have recently changed to a citroen franchise (that will keep the workshop busy) but talking to the service manager he said that from the 8th of feb they will be a subaru dealer as well,and they have a couple of technicians from Spring park subaru already there.

As for recomending a garage etc i find its sods law that when you do it tends to go tits up in some way face-icon-small-smile.gif