Colin McRae Testing For Skoda

No way man

McRae in a Skoda

I'm a fanatical McRae supporter but that is taking the biscuit, what happens if they bring out a Series McRae Fabia, i'm ganna be scunnered cause there is no way that im buying a bloody Skoda unless it came with 700nm of torque, 6 speed sequential, carbon fibre everything, active diffs, hydraulic handbrake, launch control and antilag all for £5000 with a 3 year warranty and 3 years free servicing then i would maybe, just maybe, consider it

Seriously, if it means McRae in the WRC then it's a good thing for A, the sport in general B, Scottish pride

Grant

Many years ago, when I was a wee wilky, I had a 1340 mini all the tuning niff naff and trivia, with a single 45 webber, the car was a wee rocket and in the days of XR2s and XR3is my wee mini could hold its own and blow the majority of them away. One day in edinburgh, I was sitting at the lights in Edinburgh Im sitting at the lights on Princes St and a Skoda Estella pulls up beside me, I snigger and rev the engine, ripping the RC40 exhaust, the Skoda revs and sounds like a F***in hotrod! Lights go, I drop the clutch and the Estella has already taken me and beats the next set on amber as Im trying to grip third gear. Moral of the story? Never judge a book by its cover!

Okay kids off to bed.

A friend of my father used to hillclimb a street legal Estelle with a Porker flat 6 strapped in the back, funnily enough he used to stay in the east around Tranent way i believe, this was many a moon ago but i still have fond memories of that wierd contraption, power oversteer in a straight line in the dry

Grant

The subframe needs monified mounts and you would be a mug not to put bars or a rollcage in because the mid body flex, warping the a panels, would be very prevelant, Im sure you can get after market driveshafts to fit, biut once again you are talking about MG 4 pots and 13 inch wheels. They are outstanding the torque steer is sheer terror!

Callum

<< No way man McRae in a Skoda I'm a fanatical McRae supporter but that is taking the biscuit, what happens if they bring out a Series McRae Fabia, i'm ganna be scunnered cause there is no way that im buying a bloody Skoda unless it came with 700nm of torque, 6 speed sequential, carbon fibre everything, active diffs, hydraulic handbrake, launch control and antilag all for £5000 with a 3 year warranty and 3 years free servicing then i would maybe, just maybe, consider it Seriously, if it means McRae in the WRC then it's a good thing for A, the sport in general B, Scottish pride Grant >>

Grant, is that not what the masses said about the 'Subaru' before McRae made it fashionable. face-icon-small-wink.gif You know I'm right!! I'll give it another year and Skoda will be right up there in everyones wish list. Especially when they DO bring out a marketing profile raising car with 240bhp, 220lbs-ft, 6 speed, lightweight blobeye basher  face-icon-small-confused.gif that can be easily tuned to 300bhp.

<puts crystal ball back in bag whilst putting silver reflective suit on face-icon-small-tongue.gif >

Good point well put, big chap

In five years time do you think there will be www.scottishskoda.com, setup after the great Skodanet fiasco of 2008

One crucial point than won the masses to come to love those silly japanese farmer mobiles was that oh so gorgeous noise that eminattes from the flat 4.

Never knew they did flame suits that big face-icon-small-wink.gif

Grant

I think the wee Fabia WRC looks the muts nuts to be fair and having McRae back in WRC is only a good thing, especially if a lot of teams and drivers leave.

Got real close to trading the scoob in earlier this year for a Skoda RS but resisted, the force was strong........ well wasnt that strong ya know. New Skoda's aint as bad as they once were mind.

Spooks

Was watching CNN world of sport last nite and they had a piece about the French snail eating garlic teethbrushing gimps. Seemingly they think that after 5 years of having 3 manufacturers titles and 2 drivers crowns between them that " the figures just dont add up"

Biggest crock if i ever heard one!!!!!!

this is typical french.......... THEY JUST DONT HAVE THE BALLS TO FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (nothing changes there then)

andy

face-icon-small-mad.gifface-icon-small-mad.gif