Key Reprogramming Hawkeye

One of my keys has stopped working. The remote does not work and if I try to unlock key-in-door the alarm goes off. The key is sending a signal (Ihave a gizmo that can test that) but it must be corrupted. I sent these details to Autokeys,Nottingham who quoted me £580 to fix the key! Has anyone had a similar fault repaired? Where and how much? Jeff

The pcb in the SINGLE button keys operates the Sigma M30 alarm which in turn now controls the keyless entry system (central locking). Hence the alarm going off when turning the key in the lock and opening the door.

Sounds as if you need to re-pair the keys to the alarm. Do you know the  alarm PIN?? if not you should be OK as you still have one working key.

Have you a copy of the Alarm operating instructions -always useful - attached.

Keypad for the alarm is in the coin box by drivers right knee.

Procedure for changing the PIN using a working key....

- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.

- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad: *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)

- Arm the system with the Radio Key

- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

Procedure for pairing the keys with a working key.....

- Arm and then Disarm the system using the working Radio Key.

- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*91*2# where 2 is total number of radio keys to work the system

- Briefly press both radio keys in turn (the dash board LED will flash each time and the siren will bleep) Any radio keys not programmed here will no-longer operate the system.

- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using all the radio keys programmed.

When using the keypad always observe the following points:

- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.

- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.

- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.

- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

If the spare remote still doesn't work then there are 3 possible reasons:

1. The remote battery is flat (the built in LED takes very little current to illuminate it and is not an indication that the battery voltage is healthy).

2. The remote is damaged or faulty.

Further info available here

SubaruM30OperatingInstructions.pdf

Dug out my Alarm System Instuctions,which is what I shoud have done in the first place but I had forgotten that I had them.As I still remembered the PIN it took a couple of minutes to reprogramme the duff key.And of course the one that worked as reprogramming the duff one would stop the good one working. **1234*91*2# then press each key button..

Incidentlt Autokeys confirmed their £580 charge.

Subaru UK used to do a repair kit for the single button keys which included the pcb and cover. Not sure if it's still available

There's a guy on Scoobynet (immotec) who can do replacement keys (used to be a couple of others but no longer seem to be doing it)

Based in Hull but does postal

https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/1066057-new-aftermarket-keys-supplied-cut-and-coded.html

https://www.immotec.co.uk/

img_20210820_175111071_5c052ab97344b720d