STi 330S - Full strip job

So if anyone is interested, I started stripping my 2009 330s a couple of weeks back to be able to bang some under seal on, as it looked a bit tatty on the ramp.

Basically, what I found is some pretty nasty corrosion, which has led me to end up booking the shell in for dipping in Feb. The question is, do I rebuild as stock, or go down the track car route as it’ll have been dipped. It’s only a summer, fun car and doesn’t have much use, so there’s no practicality element needed.

It’s already on Ohlins suspension and has a few other choice mods, so really I’m after some poking to work out where to go with it. So, anyone got an opinion?!

16 hours ago, jakeireland said:

It’s already on Ohlins suspension and has a few other choice mods, so really I’m after some poking to work out where to go with it. So, anyone got an opinion?!

Best wishes for the refurb and rebuild.

Sounds lke you have ideas in mind and just need moral support to do it, so, poke, poke, go and do it!

Thanks guys.

Shell stripping has been put off this weekend in order to get some paint on the parts that were blasted (see pic!). All the bushes were left in for blasting/paint as they’re all getting replaced anyway.

Brakes calipers are also in a bit of a state so will need to properly sort them out if anyone knows of somewhere worth sending them for fresh paint? 

I’ll turn this in to a bit of a project thread as I go! Dipping is booked for Feb 5th so plenty needing to be done before then!

Currently thinking against the full cage, but at the same time I kinda feel like I should while I have the opportunity, so that will take a bit more thought.

EC2A5294-2743-4EA4-9D29-243F6AFB4E49.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

@Lockheed have you seen somewhere to get a half cage? I'm waiting on custom cages for some news!

Car is pretty much fully stripped now. Trying to decide whether to acid dip or just to get the underside blasted.

Engine is going to have some choice mods while it's out for reliability etc but nothing too major.

Acid dip for sure .

When sand blasting cars ,shards of sand get broken off in the metal and start the rusting process straight away .

Other types of media such as bead or coco shell are better so ive heard .

About the cage , as I said ive only thought about one after seeing some really nice ones .

Edited by Lockheed