Hi all, 

I’m very new to all this so just checking in I currently own an IMPREZA WRX-S I know these didn’t get a lot of great reviews but am looking to get some mods done! Just don’t know where to start! 

Any help much appreciated 

karl 

On 15/05/2019 at 21:33, KARL KING said:

Hi all, 

I’m very new to all this so just checking in I currently own an IMPREZA WRX-S I know these didn’t get a lot of great reviews but am looking to get some mods done! Just don’t know where to start! 

Any help much appreciated 

karl 

Hi there 

I found decent tyres are good place to start, pound for pound .

• Like 1
On 16/05/2019 at 07:22, ScoobieFloz said:

Hi Karl,

Welcome to SIDC. 

What are you looking to modify? More power, better handling or styling?

Thanks 

Looking at more power and better handling. I know my car has had the ECU and exhaust upgraded by prodrive but would you still map over it and get another exhaust? 

On 18/5/2019 at 08:31, KARL KING said:

Thanks 

Looking at more power and better handling. I know my car has had the ECU and exhaust upgraded by prodrive but would you still map over it and get another exhaust? 

https://www.evo.co.uk/subaru/impreza/6669/subaru-impreza-wrxs

Coilovers and 4W alignment certainly will help. V3 cars chassis is much softer than previous generations and coilovers much improved. spring kits not as good improvement as were on V2 an V1 generations.

Agree with above get a good turner and only run SUL.

But as you are aware 2.5L engines are not anywhere as good as 2.0L.

if you go more power vastly inreases chance of at least Head Gasket failure at best or worst Piston Ring land failure or Crank.

Tony

Much appreciated guys will do just that got few cosmetic bits to do the fella who had car before me proper beat the wheels up so thought I’d get them done and maybe get callipers done and brakes at same time! Also is anyone good with head units cause I’m having trouble trying to fit a kenwood dmx7018dabs into car! If someone recommends a different one that is easy to fit I’m all ears! 

Thanks

karl 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, KARL KING said:

Much appreciated guys will do just that got few cosmetic bits to do the fella who had car before me proper beat the wheels up so thought I’d get them done and maybe get callipers done and brakes at same time! Also is anyone good with head units cause I’m having trouble trying to fit a kenwood dmx7018dabs into car! If someone recommends a different one that is easy to fit I’m all ears! 

Thanks

karl 

Pioneer range seem to fit ok

if you have an iphone look, try get apple carplay dab230 if steering wheel control input req dab130 if not.

otherwise for andriod with mirrocast.

• 2 weeks later...

Need to get some better pics done weather not helping tho! Ones at home but used a filter sorry bout that and other is at work! Does anyone know how many of these models were actually built? Also best brake upgrades I’ve heard either Brembo or STI callipers are good upgrades? 

DFDA050E-F688-47B7-B503-A925A76CD1C0.jpeg

27020011-CDD2-4B7B-AE3E-20067C28CD5C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Yes brembos are an upgrade as yours is a WRX you’d need to get PCD 100 version which Is off a Sti 01-04 uk car. 

Sti 05 has PCD 114 

brembo are bulky so depends on size of wheel and webbing  of wheel  

tony 

23 hours ago, t5nyw said:

Yes brembos are an upgrade as yours is a WRX you’d need to get PCD 100 version which Is off a Sti 01-04 uk car. 

Sti 05 has PCD 114 

brembo are bulky so depends on size of wheel and webbing  of wheel  

tony 

Is that a straight fit front and rear or do I also need special brackets?  Also having wheels refurbished so be a great idea to put some new rubber on what’s best tyre these days? 

Karl

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, KARL KING said:

some new rubber on what’s best tyre these days

Michelin ps4s,

a humble opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
21 hours ago, KARL KING said:

Is that a straight fit front and rear or do I also need special brackets?  Also having wheels refurbished so be a great idea to put some new rubber on what’s best tyre these days? 

Karl

Will depend on your disc sizes on WRX compaired to the STi,

if diferent will/may need Sti backplates if disks/calipers foul your WRX ones.  but fixings wise otherwise should be a straight swap  

as above PS4's

do a youtube search 

Tony