Insurance renewal 1st March

Incredibly I have agreed a total renewal premium of £371.06 with Admiral for comprehensive, protected NCD, £350 excess for the WRX STI (mods disclosed) and the Merc C350 AMG coupe! It appears that they do take account of long term conviction and claims history. Me no convictions for 54 years, last and only minor claim 1990  sliding into a snow drift and Carol, no claims or convictions over 49 years.  One benefit of being oldies!!

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, johnmacdonald said:

I guess you're not a young man?

Alas I am now past the 40 mark ? and have 15 years no claims.

I'm in Nottingham and my postcode says I am in the City boundary, if I moved 3 miles down the road the premium is 40% lower, its crazy. Its a good job I love the car so much.

As a retired registered insurance broker, Hiscox are certainly worth approaching for a scheme.  Sadly underwriters generally don't understand our passion for our Subarus and their inherent built in engineering designed to avoid accidents. And at the end of the day, we have nothing to prove, just personal pride and enjoyment. How often do you see a tatty Scooby?  

On another subject, I recall an insurer accepting a list of mods on a widetrack STI but then declining because I had fitted a big brake kit.  Bonkers...

On 11/02/2019 at 20:56, johnmacdonald said:

?  

On another subject, I recall an insurer accepting a list of mods on a widetrack STI but then declining because I had fitted a big brake kit.  Bonkers...

My company covered me for 10 years for big exhaust , big power, big brakes JDMs even on track but wouldn’t cover  a new 2011 320R but cover a new 2011 Sti. 

Bonkers 

use kieth Micheals 

2x Scoobs = 800+bhp total £800 ?

Tony

Edited by t5nyw
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi John 

I have a multi car policy with Aviva and it has been going up by 10% every year, I have just phoned Admiral to see if they would insure my WRX Sti ppp, they told me that they didn’t insure cars with increased performance, any chance you could give me a contact number.

Thanks

Jim

• Upvote 1

Hi Jim,

That doesn't make sense - they accepted our WRX  STI with bodykit and Hayward & Scott straight through centre exhaust section. Is it worth trying again informing them that the PPP is a standard Subaru option? As a retired insurance broker, I can assure you that insurance groupings had a separate rating for the 300bhp STI PPP...