Recommendations on alarms system

Hi All 

im looking for some recommendations on an alarms system to be installed on my 2001 WRX STI (JDM), I was looking at the Pandora system mini BT, but I have now been told it won't work on my car as my car doesn't have Cambus

any ideas most weclome

cheers Colin

• 2 weeks later...

all the clever electronic, mobile texting alarms and fingerprnt models are mind blowingly awesome. totally confusing us mere mortal drivers.

yet the more complex they get, they crooks can either get around easily or they need your keys at any cost.

my advice buy

simple cat1 alarm

Blackjax is good as allows them to get away from you

buy a good mechanical deterant, steering lock or driveway post.

never takes keys up to bedroom. if they break in last thing you want is you or your kids treatened for keys.

for fingerprint readers it doesnt have to be attached to your body

its an insured piece of tin and replaceable :thumbs:

• Upvote 1
On 14/01/2019 at 20:56, ScoobieFloz said:

I assume your Impreza has no alarm? I haven’t looked at car alarms for years and the ones I would have gone to back in the day were Clifford and Toad but Viper do a range that will work with your car IIRC

It did but I had the car imported and the Fob didn't come with it and I didn't know wether it was any good, so I had it removed and a new one fitted.

10 hours ago, johnmacdonald said:

Our 2015MY STI has the unwanted keyless entry.  It is usually garaged overnight, but we have bought two Faraday pouches for the fobs and if out at night, a Stoplock Elite steering wheel bar is employed.  Can only do so much, but at least we live in a very low crime rate area. 

Topical,.   You will already know all this, but a nice little summary article anyway:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47023003