Hello all it’s been a long time

Hi all 

I have not been on the sidc since I sold my Subaru back in 2010 it’s was a blue micra my 1999

t418lbl I loved this car but had a life changing event that meant it had to go under duress 

if I have a regret in life it’s was selling her 

i have checked on the dvla to see if she is still on the road and she is.

i am coming back to the fold but before I go out and by a 2007to 2008 Sti I would like to try and find out if my old car is still about on the sidc and try and buy it back.

Hope you are all well I did try and put up a picture but it’s too big so it will not let me 

Edited by tannan
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

Sad news that you had to sell but sometimes life comes first. I have had a quick look and it doesn't appear to be with any of our current members. 

I quick online check also shows it doesn't have a recent MOT or TAX. It might now be stored and/or being restored.

It has also had 11 owners so may have changed hands a few times since you had it.

Glad to hear you are coming back to the fold :headbang:

IMG_2693.jpg

Thanks for the info 11 owners wow when I hade it the 1st owner was stormy of the sidc then me ha ha she has been around a bit.

i think if I track it down I would probably still get a 2007/8 but buy it for a long term project to put it back to how it was when i had the car.

even if the car sat under a cover in the garage for years just to have it back under my ownership would be nice 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Well an update for every one 

I got hold of a blue 95h classic uk turbo 2000 my2000 W reg 1 month ago

well how it started I found my old car in Scotland after talking to the family about getting the car back we could not agree on price as the asking price was a bit high

i then set about looking for a newer Subaru I put a deposit down on a blob eye white sti that looked very nice.

but I still kept looking back at classics the drawer was too great as this point I was committed to getting the white sti I text the seller that I was on the way topick the car up and he informed me that he sold the car and was sending my deposit back.??? Well at this point most people would be upset.

but for me it was a fate I then started looking for a classic.

i found one on eBay of all places and took a real chance it was listed as engine gone 

I was talking to the seller and after having a phone call with him I decided to buy it blind for a very very good price the reason for not seeing the car was because he was in Brighton and I was in Liverpool.

i then perched the car and got it recovered to my house 5 days later at a very good cost.

i got hold of an engine from a company with 56k on the clock with proof.

after fitting a new organic clutch kit and fully servicing it I took the old engine out cleaned up the engine bay and put it in.

did all the checks run the car up it’s running well I have only driven it on and off the drive at the moment as I have been working on the car doing bits ect.

so far I have taken off the sonar rear light and put uk lights in replaced the side skirts and hockey sticks with colour coded ones.

Cleaned the car from top to bottom taking things off and cleaning behind them and painting when needed.

painted the trims on the rear windows taken all the ugly off it.

it has come with so much history it’s unreal and only had 6 owner including me.

picks will follow I have a fully documented project thread on my face book page as I can’t upload pictures here as they are to big.

the car will be on the road when it’s ready I am in no rush the car is very clean no rust behind the side skirts and cills.

a very small bit starting on the rear arches so I am booking the car on to have it cut out and replaced with new 1.2 mm panels the same gauge as the car then it will not come back  

Thanks I will be a good car when it’s finished and at the price I got it it warrants spending a bit on it to get it back on the road.

the old owner did say that if he had not have sold it as it was he was going to scrap it.

he has all ready said he would give his right arm to get it back now as he is following the progress on my fb Page.

he said it’s changed for the better in the month I have had it