Annoying Alarm

Hi there ages since Ive posted but I wanted some advice.  I have seen this issue but struggling to search on here now.  I have a factory sigma alarm on my 2001 wrx which for some time has when activating / de-activating the right indicator light sticks on.  I have had various advice.  Recently, it stuck on overnight and drained my 10 year old battery (which I have now replaced).  Its becoming a major problem and Ive been quoted massively by main dealer to have it removed.  

Does anyone have any advice, even on how to stop it sticking on in the meantime.

Thanks. 

The Sigma M30 alarm which was fitted by Subaru on arrival in the UK  has a number of relays on its PCB, one of which is used to operate the indicators (LHS/RHS separate outputs with zener diodes).

As you've found these can wear and after a number of years begin to stick (Indicators on).

The unit is mounted up next to the steering column (or behind glovebox) in a steel box (with security screws) which if tapped can release a sticking relay.

The early units were also prone to having their radio signal overwhelmed by Tetra radio masts leaving the vehicle disabled until moved out of range. This was overcome by internal shielding fitted to replacement units originally covered by a recall.

"Cures" include  replacing the PCB mounted relay with new, cutting the sticking indicator output, replacing the Alarm ECU with new (if still available (SACC3465).

just did a google search and found this

http://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/577258-sigma-m30-indicator-stuck-on.html

sigma M30 ECU.jpg

The Hazard (indicator) wiring is as follows

Alarm ECU Main plug

Terminal 15 - Hazard Supply Feed (red/yellow)

Terminal 16 - Hazard Output 1 (Yellow)

Terminal 17 - Hazard Output 2 (Yellow)

If you want to remove completely this link may help

http://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/1039613-bugeye-sigma-removal-help.html

You wil notice in post #4 the picture shows the two yellow Hazard output wires.

Loom colours should be

RH indicators- LightGreen/Black

LH indicators - Black/green

Thanks so much, Don.

Very helpful advice there - prob bit much for me to take on myself but good to have the details to pass on so I know how to sort this out without having to pay the earth to a dreaded 'Dealer'.

I can then go and enjoy the car doing what its good at :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again Don

Managed to locate an auto electrician GC Auto Electrical in Roswell near Edinburgh - he came out and isolated the alarm flasher circuit (it turned out to be yellow wires) so hopefully all good now.

Great guy - knew his stuff, had some nice pics of cars he'd worked on and photoed mine!

So thanks .... :D

• 6 months later...
On 2016. 09. 11. at 20:56, The Don said:

The Sigma M30 alarm which was fitted by Subaru on arrival in the UK  has a number of relays on its PCB, one of which is used to operate the indicators (LHS/RHS separate outputs with zener diodes).

As you've found these can wear and after a number of years begin to stick (Indicators on).

The unit is mounted up next to the steering column (or behind glovebox) in a steel box (with security screws) which if tapped can release a sticking relay.

The early units were also prone to having their radio signal overwhelmed by Tetra radio masts leaving the vehicle disabled until moved out of range. This was overcome by internal shielding fitted to replacement units originally covered by a recall.

"Cures" include  replacing the PCB mounted relay with new, cutting the sticking indicator output, replacing the Alarm ECU with new (if still available (SACC3465).

just did a google search and found this

http://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/577258-sigma-m30-indicator-stuck-on.html

sigma M30 ECU.jpg

The Hazard (indicator) wiring is as follows

Alarm ECU Main plug

Terminal 15 - Hazard Supply Feed (red/yellow)

Terminal 16 - Hazard Output 1 (Yellow)

Terminal 17 - Hazard Output 2 (Yellow)

If you want to remove completely this link may help

http://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/1039613-bugeye-sigma-removal-help.html

You wil notice in post #4 the picture shows the two yellow Hazard output wires.

Loom colours should be

RH indicators- LightGreen/Black

LH indicators - Black/green

Hi,

please help me...sigma m30 alarm ECU..please wiring diagram for MAIN plug..Thanks from, HUNGARY