Rally Experience Day

An enjoyable half day on Tuesday at Langley Park Rally School in deepest rural Essex. Started with three laps of the gravel track in a totally uninspiring 4WD Mini WRC recee car and later a knackered, but hugely enjoyable full rally spec boneshaking Astra GTE 16v. Day concluded with a demo drive in a rally prepared Suzuiki Swift and then couldn't resist it, a £30 two lap of the extended circuit in a Prodrive 2.5 Hawk World Rally Car (bought secondhand for £100,000). 110 mph on loose gravel in charge of a 20 odd year old - in my 66 years on this planet, I have never experienced anything like it. Sadly all to quick to really recall, but awesome. Boss man said the young man could be a top class WRC contender, but sadly, as always, no financial backing. Driving back home in our wonderful Prodrive WRX it reminded how slow the Mini and Astra were!!

John

An enjoyable half day on Tuesday at Langley Park Rally School in deepest rural Essex. Started with three laps of the gravel track in a totally uninspiring 4WD Mini WRC recee car and later a knackered, but hugely enjoyable full rally spec boneshaking Astra GTE 16v. Day concluded with a demo drive in a rally prepared Suzuiki Swift and then couldn't resist it, a £30 two lap of the extended circuit in a Prodrive 2.5 Hawk World Rally Car (bought secondhand for £100,000). 110 mph on loose gravel in charge of a 20 odd year old - in my 66 years on this planet, I have never experienced anything like it. Sadly all to quick to really recall, but awesome. Boss man said the young man could be a top class WRC contender, but sadly, as always, no financial backing. Driving back home in our wonderful Prodrive WRX it reminded how slow the Mini and Astra were!!

John

Glad you had a great

Once taken out in a 700bhp time attack car by a 20yr LM2 driver. Awesome.

Tony