Advise On Tuning

Oh and yes I should of bought an sti but I'm here now haha

Hi folks I have a 56 2.5 wrx hawkeye type uk, I was planning on exhaust/air filter then remap but will this show me any real gain ?

Any advise on inter cooler/turbo/boost ect

Cheers :)

Always happy to help a fellow Scooby fanatic. One bit of advice is do the research save for as long as you can and do as much as you can with one remap. Don't fit some bits and remap due to funds and then save up and fit more then get another remap. I know it is so tempting to buy a couple if bits then get a remap as quickly as possible to get the power gains but you end up regretting it and wish you had just saved that bit longer.

Everyone has different opinions when it comes to modding but just keep an open mind and you will be fine

Chris

I will try and bear that in mind chris, I'm thinking of looking at a stage 2 as I use the car daily ! I've just got my new 3 inch exhaust (back box and centre section) so I will for that today along with a green air filter. Just need the new fuel pump and turbo then it's remap time !

I have no idea myself but I thought I had heard that the 6 speed slows down your acceleration ? Better for mpg and top speed?? Could be talking bull... Please educate !!

6 speed good for MPG... New one on me I average 20mpg out of my JDM STI. The only time it's good for MPG is if your cruising in 6th the rest of the time it's manic.

The 6 speed box is built stronger than the 5 speed and I've not heard the slows the acceleration time down before, 4 secs to 62mph (100kmh) is quick enough