One Thing Leads To Another..........

after starting a simple job of taking radiator out to find a wee leak and the fact that i have been offered a alloy one to replace my leaking one, i found a fmic pipe the comes up between the engine and rad has been rubbing and put a nice hole in it. that explains the later boost i have been wondering about. then i thought as the motors up on stands i will change the japspeed stainless 4 branch for a fancy manifold and up pipe., ( japspeed for sale now on here.... hint hint :D ) apart from having to jack engine up and one VERY tight nut it came off ok. just waiting now for heat wrap and new gasket kit to come before i can put it all back together, then whilst underneath i noticed one of the rocker cover gaskets is weeping a bit too. :censored: . be as well doing them both when im here. hang on tho , whats that? oh double :censored: , i forgotthe rack has had a wee seep of oil for a while now. , should i do that too......? mmmmmmmmm steering rack , i have decidec , will be best done on my pals ramps instead, possable the rocker covers too. watch this space ........ to be continued.............. :Wales-flag:

Edited by scottishtaffy

a pic of what i found whilst taking the radiator out.....

2013-12-27150125_zps9289af48.jpg

mmmm that would explain why i thought the boost was shite. never mind tho easy fix. and now have this for sale...

2013-12-29142930_zps782fc7bd.jpg

as i have this bigger up pipe with the same size exit for quicker spool

2013-12-27202303_zps8a1fa583.jpg

Edited by scottishtaffy

finally got round to getting the suspension of the other car along with the goodridge hoses too and bought a alloy jperformance rad too along with near new groved and drilled discs... tho still waiting for the gaskets to come to refit exhaust....

newbits_zps9a5eb913.jpg

tho think i will get the rear ones serviced if anyone know of some one local befrore i send them south

update........... after a whole afternoon on sat trying to get a sheared stud out of the up pipe i finally ran out of light so roll on sunday morning. when up bright and early to finish of re assembly . all went well and had her ticking over by dinnertime. loving the deep burble back now and apart from 20psi and overboost it goes well . short blast then reset the turbo actuator rod as i had moved it when i thought ut was worn and that was my late boost problem before i found the buggered intercooler pipe. just got mto get the tein coilovers serviced before i fit them as have a slight damp rear one.. fit the hoses once i get the new pads and fit the discs. once i have fully cleaned off all the oily paw prints of the samco and cleaned the engine bay i will post a vid of the sound before , as i recorded it before i changed the manifold and the sound now.. one very happy bunny. :thumbup::driving::Wales-flag: