First Oil Change

Well not actually the cars first oil change but the first one I have done without a garage doing it.

I did all the hard stuff like get the awkward plastic clips out the under tray and fill up with the good oil lol.

Oil was well overdue a change and car is running a bit better I feel.

Chris

did mine yesterday and followed the 'fill up the filter first' and foot to the floor to dry crank the engine routine which is something I have never done before but thought i'd give it a go. didn't seem to make a difference to the dry filer then start the car routine but better be safe than sorry I suppose.

I couldn't believe how black the oil was after 6k miles so will be doing it more often from now on.

Good news guys :driving: .

P.S. Maybe, just maybe that'll allow you to drive it a bit quicker now Chris LOL ? :whistle:

Am getting there phil. Was at the physio yesterday for my back and he thinks he can get me driving faster by getting more movement in my legs so I can push the accelerator pedal harder lol

I've got a disable Aunt who has those shoes.....you know, the ones with the extra thick soles for her right leg.

I'll see if I can borrow a set for you for next season!!!!! :evil:

Cheers phil. You know me. I need all the help I can get? Edited by mctwistuk

did mine yesterday and followed the 'fill up the filter first' and foot to the floor to dry crank the engine routine which is something I have never done before but thought i'd give it a go. didn't seem to make a difference to the dry filer then start the car routine but better be safe than sorry I suppose.

I couldn't believe how black the oil was after 6k miles so will be doing it more often from now on.

What type oil and filter did you use?