6 Years Ago Today There Was A Massive Loss To The Motorsport World

Certainly the reason I have mine, watching him throwing L555 BAT through the forests was what took me from the path of VAG to scoobship

And as someone who has helped out with the Mcrae Vision charity and been fortunate enough to meet some of the family and also have friends who worked and played with him its a loss to the whole motorsport community and all families involved - can guarantee Colin would want to be remembered for what he was, first British Champion and the youngest ever as well :icon_salut:

Certainly the reason I have mine, watching him throwing L555 BAT through the forests was what took me from the path of VAG to scoobship

And as someone who has helped out with the Mcrae Vision charity and been fortunate enough to meet some of the family and also have friends who worked and played with him its a loss to the whole motorsport community and all families involved - can guarantee Colin would want to be remembered for what he was, first British Champion and the youngest ever as well :icon_salut:

You could almost say that Motorsport made the man, and he made Motorsport. Big loss to all.

Well said dave, but surely tou havent completely given up on the vag ;)

I think the motorsport world in a miniscule comparison to the loss the families involved have suffered. Our thoughts should be with them and not celebrating a 'champion'.

Certainly not why i own an Impreza.

Do you spend time thinking about this pish or just naturally spout it?

Of course we recognise the family lost a father, husband, son and brother all rolled into one.

I never had the fortune to know Colin personally but it's my opinion that he would want is to celebrate his balls out attitude to life and Motorsport rather than mourn his passing.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Do you spend time thinking about this pish or just naturally spout it?

Of course we recognise the family lost a father, husband, son and brother all rolled into one.

I never had the fortune to know Colin personally but it's my opinion that he would want is to celebrate his balls out attitude to life and Motorsport rather than mourn his passing.

Of course that's just my opinion.

naturally spout it clearly just like yourself, and that's just my opinion. My point was what about the other 3 people who were killed on that day, they should also be remembered, as the loss of two children is greater than any icon, surely?

Gordon are you on drugs??? No one has lost sight of that. We are all adults with families and totally get the big picture here.

I would suggest that this being a Subaru site and not pretending to anything else your post is largely redundant!

if you say so Kevan, but i had to post what i feel about the situation. Your right the bigger picture is important, that's why i felt compelled to post before being slated by Lewis. I have the right to post how i feel as have you.

It's not slating Gordon, I just felt that this being a Subaru site, your comment was only to ensight reaction and you got one.

I thought we would all prefer to remember the great times like Chris has done with the video. I personally would prefer that than than to dwell on the enormous loss for the other families.

It's not slating Gordon, I just felt that this being a Subaru site, your comment was only to ensight reaction and you got one.

I thought we would all prefer to remember the great times like Chris has done with the video. I personally would prefer that than than to dwell on the enormous loss for the other families.

i certainly would too, i have a massive respect for colins achievements, proud to be a fellow scot and recognise his importance. It doesn't change how i feel tho. And my comment was after no reaction other than for people to perhaps spare a thought or pray for all involved

Can't believe it's 6 years already, but I knew Colin for more than 16 years so have lots of great memories about him.

Was also lucky enough to get scared shi*less beside him in the Focus WRC car.

Although he could be incredibly shy and quiet at times, he was also a big show-off and with a few drinks a night out would usually end with him and Alister stripping off on top of a table.

But I've always wondered if this showing off was the cause of the accident 6 years ago, I hope not, but guess we'll never know.