60K Full Service Parts Recommendations?

Afternoon everyone!

My local garage will be doing the 60k service soon but has said it maybe better if i buy the parts as they would use standard stuff.

It's a 2005 WRX Turbo blobeye.. running around 280bhp.

I already have a K&N oil filter which came with the car, so looking for product info on everything else required.

If this has been posted elsewhere then please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks people

Decent oil, good air filter, new oil filter with washer, do you need plugs? Brake pads? Brake, clutch and steering fluids?Scoobyworld and scoobyparts are a good place to look for ideas and prices. Maybe have your gearbox and diffs flushed and refilled? Have you had your air-con recharged?

I use Miller oils. At the moment I have their CFS 5W40 in and that cost £41 off of e-bay.

Check you are going to get the correct service done, an 8 year old service is very different to a 60k one ;)

If the car has been serviced to schedule, your 8 year one is an oil & filter change with the normal level checks

A 60k service is oil, air, plugs, fuel and all drivetrain oils - not the end of the world but a different service all together.

As for parts, good quality parts are available without going to the dealer. Check your service history if you have one :)

Check if your Cambelt was changed at 50 K miles, if not you need to budget that aswell? If you have the service schedule handbook / records that came with the car, check that you're reading the WRX/ turbo schedules, for blob eyes they have a major service at 50 K whereas the non turbo major service is 60K. They are a few pages apart in the handbook, the relevant table will give you a good idea what's needed.

Edited by ccrien

The cambelt wasn't done at 50,000 miles, but i have just had that all done. £400 for the lot.

The service history looks like its never had a big service at all and it's currently got 57k on the clock.

When i bought the car it had no oil in it at all! Dip stick was dry!

Definitely need a full service!

I'm upgrading the brakes all round next as the rear disks are knackered.

Thinking of getting these: http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1254

And get these as well while i'm at it! http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1335

Looks like i'm going to be chucking a lot of money into it as i've just had the rear coilovers replaced as it was knocking. Got Ultra SR Coilovers which have solved the problem!

Anyone using or have used the above plugs on leads?? Any good??