Video From Smcr Sports & Saloons

Qualified 5th out of 20odd, up to 4th... battled with a caterham for a few laps then retired with gearbox problems. Rear ended by an M3 towards the end LOL

Was struggling with gears during the SIDC trackday too... very hard and slow to go down gear. Something finally gave up during the race :( Not angry, just dissapointed as it was a good race, on for a class win.

Rear facing footage of 5/6laps of race 1

Shame about the gearbox Adam, but that's been living on borrowed time for the last 3 years.

You did make a cracking start as well and apart from the noble nothing was catching you. 6 speed for ingliston??

Oh and if you hadn't removed the rear wiper to save 1kg of weight, we'd have seen the video better :getmecoat:

Its the JDM 6 speed you want, not the long-legged UK cruising boxes.

I disagree it depends on what you use the car for. The hills and sprints up here the best ratios I have found are the uk new age 5 speed boxes I.e Ty754vnxxx. The lower ratio boxes need more gear changes = lost time. I am using a hawk eye 6 speed at the minute and it's not far away. I wouldn't go to a short ratio box for sprints and definately wouldn't for the bigger circuits.

Agree Arch that it depends on what you want to use the car from, but probably more importantly is the power and characteristics of the power delivery.

Certainly for my new-age with 400+ bhp, the JDM box is perfect on track and loads of fun on backroad runs.

But the short ra gearbox in the white car used to drive me nuts at the beginning round knockhill, corners were either too fast for 2nd or too slow for 3rd. But once it had better grip and more power it was suddenly better suited, as it was a certain 3rd.

Then run Knockhill in reverse and its all different again :brickwall:

Oh the joys.

I like my short TypeR box for KH, just could do with a shorter 5th to keep it on the boil :)

The ratios i've found for the 6sp suggest is pretty much the same as the 5sp box I have 1-4, with a shorter 5th and 6th of course.

1st - 42mph

2nd - 64mph

3rd - 87mph

4th - 113mph

5th - 157mph

6th - 202mph