Sump Baffle Fittment ?

Having just bought a new sump baffle - gasket - three bond sealant, something is puzzling me :)

Which side of the baffle do I put the new gasket ?

I would guess between the sump and baffle ?

Going on the block being a better surface for the sealant to work ?

Thanks in advance ;)

Having just bought a new sump baffle - gasket - three bond sealant, something is puzzling me :)

Which side of the baffle do I put the new gasket ?

I would guess between the sump and baffle ?

Going on the block being a better surface for the sealant to work ?

Thanks in advance ;)

Sorry I can't help with an answer. But have you ever removed a sump from an Impreza? Not sure what you facilities are but I did it on ramps and it was a bitch! The rear four bolts are complete inaccessible as they are blocked by the subframe. The only way I got to them was with a 1/4 knuckle and extension bars. Then getting the bolts started to get them back in is near impossible. I jacked the engine up in the end to give more room and it was still a nightmare. Just a warning.

Also the dip stick tube was completely welded into it with rust and then hard to get back in and stopping old oil dripping down into your new sealant before replacing the sump is difficult as no matter how long you wait oil still seeps down the inside of the block. All in all I hated that job with a passion! Very easy on a block out of the car but in the car it was hell.

Heres the thread

One error I have noticed is that I wrote to jack the engine 20cm.... I meant 20mm. Lol.

Thanks for the replys, I have never done an impreza sump before,

If the inlet manifold is anything to go by, know its goin to be a bitch of a job,

I have read your thread,I did sus the 20cm / 20mm error, Would struggle jacking it up 20cm :)

I removed the dipstick tube the other day after reading the problems you had,

Mine took 20 mins the wriggle free,And the o rings are fine,

Got all the tools for the job, And will be doing it on ramps like you :(

Edited by 5COOBY824