One For The Bikers ..

friends just got a motor bike but doeant have any gear to ride on it.apart from an old helmet.

so wondering where to get decent bike safety gear but not over priced or stuff that will tear your arm off. either actualy places or websites i can give him to look.

there was a place in glasgow i knew about .it was like a big shop/warehouse depot thing that supplied alot of biker shops and sold at discount because you were getting it straight from them .but cant for the life of me remember the name.

any help folks is appreciated.

paul

It was frank thomas that had the factory clearence centre but that shut down a few years ago, the best place to start with for clothing is your head dont skimp on a helmet budget 250 plus, clothing hein gericke do jackets from 100 and trousers for 90 which are properly armoured and a spine protector can be added, I think glasgow is the only shop left in scotland.

J&S in Hamilton is the place you are thinking of Paul. Loads of stuff at varying prices. Anything specific he is after?

basicly full kit gus. hes only.got a old helmetbto go with the bike.

jsaccess seems to.be the place. but gave him all the links and names last night.

cheers for the replys folks !!

J&S in Hamilton is the place you are thinking of Paul. Loads of stuff at varying prices. Anything specific he is after?

Been in the biketrade since I was 16 and always heard horror stories about them selling sub standard goods that didnt pass quality control with manufacturers and 5 year old helmets

friends just got a motor bike but doeant have any gear to ride on it.apart from an old helmet.

so wondering where to get decent bike safety gear but not over priced or stuff that will tear your arm off. either actualy places or websites i can give him to look.

there was a place in glasgow i knew about .it was like a big shop/warehouse depot thing that supplied alot of biker shops and sold at discount because you were getting it straight from them .but cant for the life of me remember the name.

any help folks is appreciated.

paul

Simple advice re the most important bit, your helmet.

Buy the most expensive you can afford!

Cheers

Richard

Ex R/O Isle of Man

Simple advice re the most important bit, your helmet.

Buy the most expensive you can afford!

Cheers

Richard

Ex R/O Isle of Man

cheers

heazille

did same the main thing was helmet and back brace thing. no point going cheap and.becoming a vegetable or donner .

nice to meet you aswel . dont think ive seen you on before but see youve been around a while