Dont Get Done, Get Dom

What a suprise this is lol

woke up and turned on tv and DONT GET DONE,GET DOM if you havent seen it its a bit like cowboy builders where they get people who were ripped off or done out of pocket .

anyway , had a lass who bought as car from evans halshaw , lass had bought it from them new, they were a ford dealership and kept fobbing her off ,done dodgey repairs and refused to give her her money back etc , she took it to another ford company who did their best to fix the repairs and problems but couldnt do it 100% , several months went buy and evans halshaw still disputed it etc , she got an independant person to inspect the car and he said it was a clear case for refusal to accept the car and should get a full refund and , body work was all out of allignment etc

evanshalshaw still werent keen , without her having to pay some towards them to take the car back, thats when dominic littlewood got in touch , basicly said your going to get ripped apart on national tv , and then and only then they gave her a full refund for the car at no cost to her , and came out with some crap statement that they strive for the best customer service and potential new customers aswel

not in my case it wasnt and same goes for graeme i beleive aswel

Edited by thebigfelly

Read something yesterday that some national main dealers are regularly sub contracting out all sorts of work including basic maintenance to back street garages, but charging main dealer prices, in some cases cheap filters etc fitted but charging for main dealer/manufacturer parts. Have avoided the big chain main dealers for years (Doesn't apply to Subaru anyway) ever since the showrooms became big glassy things with waiting rooms or cosy chairs and magazines to make you feel like you're getting something good for nowt, ha ha.

will need to keep an eye out for this. What channel is it on?

I had a clio 200 a few years ago and it droaned at 3500rpm and was told it was "the renault experience" by the delaer. No matter what gear you were in you hit that rpm and it was terrible. typical it was at cruising speed as well so you either had to go slow or had to break the speed limit. I went slow of course. Ended up fighting with the dealer to get it traded in for an orange focus st

Chris

Read something yesterday that some national main dealers are regularly sub contracting out all sorts of work including basic maintenance to back street garages, but charging main dealer prices, in some cases cheap filters etc fitted but charging for main dealer/manufacturer parts. Have avoided the big chain main dealers for years (Doesn't apply to Subaru anyway) ever since the showrooms became big glassy things with waiting rooms or cosy chairs and magazines to make you feel like you're getting something good for nowt, ha ha.

I once called a local dealer for a quote for 4 wheel alignment and an MOT (having previously used them for other services) to be greeted with a ridiculous quote (£290ish IIRC) so I phoned around - turns out there's only one place locally that does the alignment and the dealer outsourced to them - £114 and the dealer was charging the customer for their staff taking the car to/from the other garage. The new garage threw in the MOT with the alignment and I never went back to the dealer.

It was later, after I started using a fantastic little garage in the sticks that I found that said dealer didn't do the MOTs either - they sent them there!

AFAIK the dealer's master tech is now working for that small garage in the sticks and he's been replaced at the dealership with a clueless muppet.

Says it all really ;)

will need to keep an eye out for this. What channel is it on?

I had a clio 200 a few years ago and it droaned at 3500rpm and was told it was "the renault experience" by the delaer. No matter what gear you were in you hit that rpm and it was terrible. typical it was at cruising speed as well so you either had to go slow or had to break the speed limit. I went slow of course. Ended up fighting with the dealer to get it traded in for an orange focus st

Chris

was on bbc 1 chris , or possibly bbc 2 about 7am ish