Mapping

Hey all, can anyone recommend a decent place for doing remaps near cheshire? I have a 2000/Y Impreza Turbo 2000, running vortex de-cat, full vortex system, a k&n 57i induction kit, TD05 Turbo, new exeedy clutch running 269.9bhp... It is high revving on idle and it also backfires thru revs. Any help will be gratefully accepted. Tnx Dawny

Hey all, can anyone recommend a decent place for doing remaps near cheshire? I have a 2000/Y Impreza Turbo 2000, running vortex de-cat, full vortex system, a k&n 57i induction kit, TD05 Turbo, new exeedy clutch running 269.9bhp... It is high revving on idle and it also backfires thru revs. Any help will be gratefully accepted. Tnx Dawny

Cant help with the mapper but has the car been mapped before? If its still on the standard map and you are running with those mods you could be doing some serious damage.

Cant help with the mapper but has the car been mapped before? If its still on the standard map and you are running with those mods you could be doing some serious damage.

Yes, it was mapped by API Engines originally using a TEK3? Car drives/performs spot on, but idle is up and down?

Tek3 means its been remapped with EcuTek software I believe.

The idle could be down to quite a few things. If you're mechanically minded, do a fault code check using the wires under the steering column.

My initial thoughts would be of either MAF sensor (common failing of the v5/6) or a lambda sensor or the wiring for these items. It could also be a leak in the exhaust if near the lambda sensor, I've had that before.

If you're not mechanically minded, hopefully there's a local member who is...

• 2 months later...

Andrew Carr does mapping I've used him with my past two scoobys and he's very good and local near Preston his number is 07852 164134 but I would check your airflow meter first if you are local to Warrington I can have a look for you and read your ecu for any faults

• 2 months later...