Gravel Express (Not As Fast As A Hawkeye)

Glad someone asked since I didn't have a clue either -didn't want to ask in presence of all these experts on here - Saw one of these in Tescos the other week and looked interesting. Expect they were designed for The Aussie desrts and the like (or just for the image)? Hope they filled the back end with a big fuel tank before heading to the outback!

I am convinced, having owned Imprezas since 1997, that people do this just to wind us up and then marvel at how fast the back end disappears into the distance! Had this problem with a tatty GTi on Sunday...

Surprisingly happened often in the hatch, as the rest will tell you I don't drive fast.

But my favourite time was coming off the Kincardine Bridge en route to my father in laws on New Years Day (which turned out to be my last proper outing in the hatch due to my health)

For those who know, its a 30mph to the lights on the Fife side, then turns into a 60mph dual carriageway. So some girl and mother I presume were in a nice wee BMW MINI. Right up my arse over the bridge to the red light. Rolling up the lights changed I returned to 30mph where she attempted an overtake, just when she crossed the line it went to the 60mph, as did I :)

Then when she caught up, eventually, I apexed the Longannet roundabout and wooshed up the hill towards Dunfermline in S#. All safe and controlled. Great feeling.

She may still be there.

Sorry for the long winded story :tumbleweed:

I love it when you get to the end of a speed limit and then instantly get to the next speed just as a clown decides to get impatient, happens a lot out of the roadworks near Torquay - 30 to 70 and the Spec T does it rather well :)

Mines just a GX so rather than leave them for dead on the straights I tend to show them a thing or two off roundabouts or twisty sections. Yes last weekend there was the golf, the odd Quasqai and minis. There's a great line in the book "the accidental angler" where there's a lull in the fishing and they end up discussing about how fast an Impreza can go round a roundabout. Fantastic little line to an Impreza owning fisherman who loves the drives out up the coast or up the hills before anyone else is out of bed