I did the same myself recently, seen the 5yr warranty, 3yr free servicing and 2yrs interest free (50:50 deal) and figured it was as good a time as any to get back into a scoob... even if it was a diesel one and not an Impreza.

Been fairly impressed with it so far as it's being run in... handles well enough as std (then again, the one traded in was a D3 :)) and it almost feels like sitting in the hawkeye STi again with the leather wheel, etc (shame it doesn't have the same go as the STi :))

The 45-50mpg we're getting so far is a bit of a revelation in a scoob too.

I've already been looking at the Ecutek website... really shouldn't :)

By the sounds of it, the exhaust on the diesel makes little or no difference sound wise though DPF delete sounds like it should be a good thing (once it's out of warranty in my case :)). Remap seems to be worth it from what I've seen on various forums, although I'm still a bit wary of doing that when I've got the warranty/free servicing for the next few years. Mind you... I said that with the hawkeye and Andy Forrest remapped that before the warranty ran out :)

Would be good to get a bit more "shove" out the diesel though. Can't believe that they are still only 150bhp (ish) even now.