Visit To David Coulthard Museum?

aye corsa a saw that in the news earlier. thats where a found out he had one and its over in dumfries. though the news said she used to run it.so dunno if she still did . but said davids dad was still there.

yeah itl probably be closed for a bit . but was thinkin maybe doin it later on in the year if there was any intrest in it .

Been a couple of times to the DC museum. Its small but has a load of stuff and some good cars crammed in. A lady called Linda runs the diner now, good snacks and the prices dont rip you off. A guy called Chris has loads of info and is a good "guide"if hes there for the museum. Like I say, its not big but fills in an hour or so, then good grub if you like. Real pity about Lindsay (DCs sister) passing away too soon though, she seemed a nice person all round.

Plenty good roads around there as well, not least the A75 from Twynholm to Creetown, if you get a quiet spell avoiding the Irish ferry trucks.

PS museum isnt open in winter- about mid/end March it usually opens up again.

Edited by ccrien
  • 1 month later...

maybe could do the sunday brunch thing in the diner and watch the spanish grand prix on the 12th of may ...? its after the fling aswel so could be a group thing and gives a bit of notice for folk ?

muesum in the morning say 10:30am -11:30am (says roughly an hour to get round then the race day brunch in the diner that starts at 11:30 for the racing to begin at 13:00 then after the race could go for a drive on the roads round about there afterwards? as ccrien says .

Just a thought. Assuming this comes off. Based on experience last 10 Years travelling from Wigtownshire/Galloway to SE Northumberland on Sundays every few weekends: The roads are really empty until about 11 am. You should try to fit in a few country lanes on way down or before going to Twynholm. By lunchtime there's the Sunday drivers. Depends what sort of roads you like, The. A75 from Around Creetown to Gatehouse is good flowing and fast, The A712 from Newton Stewart to New Galloway is good and there's loads little unclassified or C roads over the moors behind Gatehouse and heading North or round to Creetown etc (look on map for Rusco) If your coming down from Glasgow, the road from Girvan to Newton is OK. The road from Ringford to New Galloway is tight and twisty but Ok if dry. Watch the A75 for cameras. Mobile vans park up regular between Gretna and Gatehouse. Hand held any time, even 2 in the morning- out for the Irish lorries. Best to send a lead "scout car" out on A 75 but fine on the lanes. WIll try to make it there myself but might just pop in for half hour if this comes off on 12th May. Family and other genuine commitments but will be Good to meet up with you folks. If ? I get across this weekend will try to pop in and mention possible SIDC visit. Got a trailer load of logs to take over so it,ll be the forester this weekend,along with wellies for me, grandson(And better half). Never mind, summers on its way - -

Edited by ccrien
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm pleased to say that we now have the keys for the Museum and it is reopened for visitors. We are based at the Star Hotel across the road and visitors just need to pop in and we'll take them over to view the Museum. We're just helping out to ensure that visitors don't have a wasted journey - admission is £2pp and this is being donated to Twynholm School.

We are more than happy to take group bookings so feel free to give us a call if you're planning a trip and we'll ensure there's someone available to welcome you to the Museum and provide any catering you may need.

We're also hoping to have a 'race day' on 30th June for Silverstone - this would include watching the race in the Museum, brunch and generally a great, fun atmosphere - let us know if you're interested

Suzanne Thorpe

Star Hotel, Twynholm

I'm pleased to say that we now have the keys for the Museum and it is reopened for visitors. We are based at the Star Hotel across the road and visitors just need to pop in and we'll take them over to view the Museum. We're just helping out to ensure that visitors don't have a wasted journey - admission is £2pp and this is being donated to Twynholm School.

We are more than happy to take group bookings so feel free to give us a call if you're planning a trip and we'll ensure there's someone available to welcome you to the Museum and provide any catering you may need.

We're also hoping to have a 'race day' on 30th June for Silverstone - this would include watching the race in the Museum, brunch and generally a great, fun atmosphere - let us know if you're interested

Suzanne Thorpe

Star Hotel, Twynholm

Thanks suzanne . As you can see weve been thinking of looking into a group trip there.

Now its back up and running we can look into dates etc

One of my favorite wee places. I was in a couple years ago when DCs sis was in. Right good laugh she was, so sad. My place is 20 mins away but as already said above, the speed police are out all hours here. I've seen two vans on same stretch a mile apart at 8pm on a Sunday night.

Anyway, there's some cracking memorabilia, and I'm sure it would be a great visit.

• 1 year later...