Left Foot Breaking

just wondering if anyone else does this in their day to day driving ..

ive tried breaking with left foot and nearly launched myself through windshield.... not in the scoob tho .. just wondering if anyone uses this method regulary and also the same way the guy in the vid changes gears with heel toe etc .. never tried it and think it looks awkward a bit

Left foot braking isn't a thing I'd use in every day driving, but there are a few occasions i do use it.

There's a couple of corners at Knockhill I use it on, Clarks for example round the back of the circuit at the grandstand. The corner opens out over a small crest and because its a late turn in you can brake right into the corner with the left foot and start feathering the throttle through the corner before full power, especially if its damp or wet.

On the road, if its a twisty bumpy back road I sometimes use it, but more to help settle the car and smooth it out rather than any performance gain.

Its all about practise, but you'll soon find it can be a very smooth way to tackle a back road.

Davy

I used to left foot brake when I was road rallying in my old Opel Mantas. To be honest, it is really difficult to master (I haven't) and for normal road use you don't really need to use it. Even the pros will have the rare moment when they nearly launch themselves through the windscreen.

Look on YouTube for the video of Walter Rohrl in the group B Audi to see how much skill is involved. When he first joined the Audi WR team he said he had to learn left foot braking to make the Audi turn at speed and it was like learning to drive all over again.

I do it all the time. If you can change your OP to spell braking properly that might be an idea too.

I use it in karting bacause you have to and my work vehicle has left and right toe brakes where the pedals move opposite to each other independantly of the brakes.

Try getting your head round that.

Ok, I fly for a living if you hadn't guessed.

Anyway, I've tried to left foot brake for years and can do it pretty well, but to be honest it's not much use on the road at all. I can heel and toe too, size 9's. I didn't activate the blipping feature on the EcuTek RaceRom setup on my car as I'm fine doing it myself.

It's using the handbrake on a Scooby that's far more fun if you can master that!

I do it all the time. If you can change your OP to spell braking properly that might be an idea too.

I use it in karting bacause you have to and my work vehicle has left and right toe brakes where the pedals move opposite to each other independantly of the brakes.

Try getting your head round that.

Ok, I fly for a living if you hadn't guessed.

Anyway, I've tried to left foot brake for years and can do it pretty well, but to be honest it's not much use on the road at all. I can heel and toe too, size 9's. I didn't activate the blipping feature on the EcuTek RaceRom setup on my car as I'm fine doing it myself.

It's using the handbrake on a Scooby that's far more fun if you can master that!