The Addictive Impreza

I've hit a wall this year regarding what to do with my bug ,my thoughts recently were to move on after the highland fling and get something sensible to run as a toy as my bug is hardly seeing the light of day nowadays. Picked it up yesterday from the garage after getting a new radiator fitted I was slightly late for work so had to push on , you forget the massive grin these cars put on your face when you've not driven them in a while would I miss that hell yeah . I've been with my bug 8 years now it would be a shame to move it on or strip it down , but having that blast to work yesterday here and now it stays .

Kenny

I know what you mean kenny,after i sold my classic it was a while before i could afford to run another scoob,i work away a lot and like you say it put a smile on your face when your back behind the wheel,keep the bug,i loved my bugeye but it just had too many little bits wrong with the bodywork,so bought a blob instead :)

I was glad to get mine back after a bad three months of vandalism and then the new turbo going pop after less than 2000 miles. It is now really good, so powerful and putting a grin on my face but not on the faces of Evo and BMW drivers :)

Only had mine 6 years but wow what a 6 year stint.

Completely agree. forget the fun to be had doing the slow drive to work every day. only the odd day i get to have some fun.

had to pick wife up the other night there from her works do at gorgaburn golf club. driving back along bypass from newbridge to hermisting gate and then city bypass to sherrif hall roundabout. cruising along at 75mph in 6th gear.. at midnight few cars on the road . im in outside lane nothing.infront of me and a cpl cars.about 500yards.behind me doing same speed as me.in outside lane.

see their lights move over into the left lane bpth cars and a set of headlights gaining on me . just as were.approaching hermiston gate roundy this vectra i think was catches me up . we both go round and join city bypass in outside lane where its 50mph then chanhes tp 70mph. i build up again to 75mph and this vauxhall is roght up my backside about 2foot of my bumper so i tapped the.breals just enough so the lights would come on .he bricks it and.backs of a little.. few seconds later hes.back up my backside riht under my bumper. i think im not gona let ya bully me out your way and still just sit at 75 haha. he got frustrated after a mile or so and tried fpr the under take manouver... let hin ge side by side .we both look over at each other and then i tap the throttle a bit pull away from him quickly and he moves back in behind me . slowed back down to 75mph . Again mile or so later frustrated he must have dropped a gear and tried it again as was a little quicker time. i done same again turbo was just ready for spooling and bye bye vectra . left him sittin there. got a mile or so away fi him and.slow down . eventualy he catches up behind and just sits there behind me all thw way to sheriff hall. im grining like an.idiot and hes vry peed off. misus she just says ur childish...

still made me laugh tho. we went seperate ways at sherif hall though. seen him carry on right up some one else backside as i toddled to dalkeith.

g

These cars are indeed awesome, they are a car for every occasion. My drive to work consists of being stuck behind lots of slow traffic, slower when its even slightly moist outside, for 30 miles or so. You can quite easily bimble along in these cars as if it were a standard car, but when the need arises or a gap opens, with a quick blat of the loud pedal you have passed 3 cars and on the way to 3 figure speeds before you know it. I can't think of another car that could replace this, I'm now only on my second one, and its older again but its just like being in a waterproof gokart :) - happy days...

Edited by vimmy

:hello: Yep after an absence of a year or so for me i have acquired a classic wagon and i haven't

stopped grinning like a loon since nothing i have ever driven comes remotely close

to the way a scoob make me feel behind the wheel. :driving:

Feel like an utter T*@t for selling my Last one now :iamstupid::mad:

ETA wow 1 post in 2 years i really need to find something to say :whistle:

Edited by Shayne109

Completely agree. forget the fun to be had doing the slow drive to work every day. only the odd day i get to have some fun.

had to pick wife up the other night there from her works do at gorgaburn golf club. driving back along bypass from newbridge to hermisting gate and then city bypass to sherrif hall roundabout. cruising along at 75mph in 6th gear.. at midnight few cars on the road . im in outside lane nothing.infront of me and a cpl cars.about 500yards.behind me doing same speed as me.in outside lane.

see their lights move over into the left lane bpth cars and a set of headlights gaining on me . just as were.approaching hermiston gate roundy this vectra i think was catches me up . we both go round and join city bypass in outside lane where its 50mph then chanhes tp 70mph. i build up again to 75mph and this vauxhall is roght up my backside about 2foot of my bumper so i tapped the.breals just enough so the lights would come on .he bricks it and.backs of a little.. few seconds later hes.back up my backside riht under my bumper. i think im not gona let ya bully me out your way and still just sit at 75 haha. he got frustrated after a mile or so and tried fpr the under take manouver... let hin ge side by side .we both look over at each other and then i tap the throttle a bit pull away from him quickly and he moves back in behind me . slowed back down to 75mph . Again mile or so later frustrated he must have dropped a gear and tried it again as was a little quicker time. i done same again turbo was just ready for spooling and bye bye vectra . left him sittin there. got a mile or so away fi him and.slow down . eventualy he catches up behind and just sits there behind me all thw way to sheriff hall. im grining like an.idiot and hes vry peed off. misus she just says ur childish...

still made me laugh tho. we went seperate ways at sherif hall though. seen him carry on right up some one else backside as i toddled to dalkeith.

g

Err,

I get this occasionally too. I find just slowing and pulling into the left hand lane is the best way to deal with them.

I find if they get close to my bumper the only option is to slow down. After all, they need space to stop in an emergency, and if they don't leave space, you need to adjust the speed to the space available.

I have to admit I've been at 20mph on A roads before until they get the message....I now keep my iPad in the car and have a suitable series of messages on a message board App that I can hold up to "communicate" when needed.

"Brake Light Fail!"

"Fog Lights?"

"Keep your Distance"

"Brake test imminent"

"LIGHTS!"

" Unfold your Mirrors-TWAT"

You get the idea.

I'm such a nice chap, eh?