Uh Oh! Engine Problems...?

I have a 2001 P1 and I noticed that the rev counter has started 'bouncing' on idle when the engine is warm. The revs would literally drop off until the engine very nearly stalls and then it picks back up again. There is also noticable engine 'stuttering' on hard acceleration.

The car is going in to the local dealership for two days for them to try to diagnose the problem but I thought I would post a question on here first to see if there have been others with the same problem.

Anybody else had this?

We had stuttering on hard acceleration on our MY98 - We cleaned the boost solenoid out with brake cleaner and this cured the problem, I would try this just in case they try & sell you a new one face-icon-small-wink.gif - it cost us £7.99 for brake cleaner instead of £120 for a new boost solenoid... face-icon-small-happy.gif

Welcome to KentScoobies, would you like to go on our mailing list?

Yup MAF - Airflow sensor. Subaru part no 22794AA010-meterCP-airflow , about £70.00.

Do you have an aftermarket air filter? These can kill them.

Check all your pipes first and see if anyone has e delta dash that can look at the car for you.

Alternatively come to the Power engineering RR day 15th May,as they stock them and might even check it is that for you with their delta Dash

• 2 weeks later...

<< I have a 2001 P1 and I noticed that the rev counter has started 'bouncing' on idle when the engine is warm. The revs would literally drop off until the engine very nearly stalls and then it picks back up again. There is also noticable engine 'stuttering' on hard acceleration. The car is going in to the local dealership for two days for them to try to diagnose the problem but I thought I would post a question on here first to see if there have been others with the same problem. Anybody else had this? >>

Got the Beast back last night from the dealers - they replaced the boost solenoid. It seems better but I need to do a longer run than 1/4 mile from the dealer to home on the A20 to check it out face-icon-small-happy.gif

Anyone recommend a good rolling road nearby (East Malling) that can do a full performance test and diagnostic?