South West November Meet

I talked to Mervyn Wills at Ashburton Motor Works - Subaru dealers - and he is up for a meet at the garage with the chance to plug your cars in to the test equipment and see the new Impreza and BRZ. We are in early talks about it at the moment but there may be food/refreshments available. He is anxious to form a good relationship with local clubs and mentioned that there is a discount available to club members anyway!!

What do you guys feel about this?

Maybe I can ask Frenchy - our club Chair if there is anything extra she can add into the event as well.

Personally I like the guys at the garage and feel that it owuld be good to have a dealer backing us up in the area.

If I get enough interest then I will get a date set in stone!

Hog roasts draw in the crowds I understand, along with mince and apple pies ;)

Having had a large amount of input with Unity's Christmas Open Event, I'd suggest something either on a Saturday which allows more families to attend, or during the week on a night that could be your usual monthly meet date. The later you get into the year the more likely you'll struggle to get numbers to commit due to Christmas being round the corner.

(Assuming they are Pro-R retailers) see if they can get some of the Pro-R demonstrators and reps there to be on hand to discuss their products.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Hog roasts draw in the crowds I understand, along with mince and apple pies ;)

Having had a large amount of input with Unity's Christmas Open Event, I'd suggest something either on a Saturday which allows more families to attend, or during the week on a night that could be your usual monthly meet date. The later you get into the year the more likely you'll struggle to get numbers to commit due to Christmas being round the corner.

(Assuming they are Pro-R retailers) see if they can get some of the Pro-R demonstrators and reps there to be on hand to discuss their products.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Thanks yes it does. Also yes they are Pro R retailers too. Is there anything from our end we can put out as well? I think maybe a phone converation would be best.

I talked to Mervyn Wills at Ashburton Motor Works - Subaru dealers - and he is up for a meet at the garage with the chance to plug your cars in to the test equipment and see the new Impreza and BRZ. We are in early talks about it at the moment but there may be food/refreshments available. He is anxious to form a good relationship with local clubs and mentioned that there is a discount available to club members anyway!!

What do you guys feel about this?

Maybe I can ask Frenchy - our club Chair if there is anything extra she can add into the event as well.

Personally I like the guys at the garage and feel that it owuld be good to have a dealer backing us up in the area.

If I get enough interest then I will get a date set in stone!

This is a brilliant idea Terry. I use these guys alot for my subaru bits and pieces. these guys actually installed my prodrive pack and brake conversion kit and it wasn't until i went to pay they asked if i was a sidc member cos i would of gotten discount DOH! :smiley-violent003:

So all in all i'll be up for this

Thanks yes it does. Also yes they are Pro R retailers too. Is there anything from our end we can put out as well? I think maybe a phone converation would be best.

In what respect Terry - activities/attractions or club promotional material and equipment?

Saturday for me please, would be good to get a good relationship with a dealer or supplier that actually gives a toss - too many around that dont seem to.

Well said! I can't believe so many places can't be bothered,even for the likes of me with a older car!

Subaru wise in devon are pretty crappy!