Wheel Alignment Done, Ready for the fling!

Just want to say big thanks to Bitz Motorsport in Nairn today for giving the Scooby a check over and a wee tweak.. Wass't expecting much of a difference but certainly on the way home steering felt more direct. On the drive through I found myself having to make second adjustments mid corner but on the drive home spot on! :driving:

No major changes but just nice to get everything running straight as it can.. At least until the first pothole :rolleyes:

The Hunter system they have installed in really sweet! Not seen such an interactive kit as that before, and stupidly sensitive/accurate! But as with most things it's only as good as the operator. And with that, spot on, Kris was more than happy to discuss changes and personal set-up on the car, rather than just slapping everything to what the book says.. Very useful when the only standard supension part left is the front ARB :D

And with added discount for SIDC Members, can't complain.. Made sure all necessary nuts and bolts were broken free before hand, to save them hassle & all important time ;)

Cheers Guys! :icon_salut:

Only thing left to do before the fling now is find a long enough vacuum hose hose for the boost gauge, Tweak the ECU map as I hit slight overboost a couple of times today, serves be right for tightening the wastegate a touch to try and reach target. Just need to cut the wastegate duty cycle down a bit, and finally give it a wash :carwash:

Nice one. I need to get the brakes worn in - shouldn't be a problem got the Elgin parental run this weekend. Need to get the carbon wrap on another Perrin wing stiffi and get them on before the fling if i can be bothered. Apart from that there's a small bit of tidying up and weather permitting a wash and gloss will see it ready.

Yup they were the Official Murtaya dealer for the North of the UK. They used to take a car to the shows up here last time i talked to dave there were some issues with the Murtaya Company - buy out and tooling/mould issues i think. I think they even had plans to run one in the Tarmac Rally's as well.

The car they had before was a show car they were given to show off the model.. They still have one of their own that they are in the middle of buiding (along with all the other projects they have at the moment) Just needs the interior done, painted stuck throught eh SVA test (or whatever they call it these days) and it's pretty much there. :thumbup:

Yeah the Murtaya project went splat a couple years ago but fortunately someone has come alogn and bought it up.. But sadly all teh marketing that went on before hand had fizzled away and the new owners are havign to build the brand back up again. After speaking with Bitz yesterday it seems in about 2 years time or so things will be back up in full swing again.. There was word of havign rally models and perhaps havign it's own racign series similar to the Ginetta series.. But nothing concrete at this time..

I think it's a great thing if you have an old subaru which has maybe seen better days but mechanicalyl sound, turn it into somethign exciting again! :driving: