280.2 bhp and 325 ftlb torque!

So after weeks of waiting I finally got the skoob mapped. Had a few teething problems to start with which needs to be tweeked at a later date when I buy more parts and put more of the parts on that I had already but still happy with the results.

I had been collecting parts ready for my first round of tuning which included:-

Full Decat Cobra exhaust system bought through one of the group buys off here. 3" through and 4"japslash back box.

Prodrive 3 port boost solenoid

AEM Cold air intake kit (in wing)

SFS silicon intake pipe

STi intercooler

Warlbro 255 fuel pump

Fitted the fuel pump, CAIK and intake pipe the night before but left the intercooler and solenoid for the garage to do as the garage had the tools to adapt the IC brackets. Due to this the intercooler was fitted for the Remap but the brackets would be done after as the mapper wanted to get to work on the rolling road.

Had the first run and the car wasn't boosting till 4000rpm, they thought it could be either the intercooler leaking, CAIK restricting flow, SFS collapsing under suction, or the 3 port.

So back on went the WRX intercooler, no difference, Std 2 port, no difference Filter off to see if it was that, no difference so was told it was the Silicon intake pipe causing all the problems and was a bad fitment. Advice was to try and get a OE intake pipe back on, would have used mine but snapped a couple of lugs off getting it off the night before in the dark. Gave my buddy SpecT a call. Nope he had done the same arrrrgh haha

Decided to map around this and source a pipe another time as it had gone 2pm and I got there at 9am so on with the mapping. Steve Sims (I think) had the car kicking out the final figures in less than a couple of hours, off the ramps and onto a road test, car ran sweet and felt like a completely different car. Went back payed the lads and off I went back home. Gave it a full throttle blast off the roundabout onto the motorway and my lungs were way in the boot somewhere, pulled off the motorway onto a dual carriageway dropped it into 4th to overtake accellerated to 5,000rpm and boom, no boost, engine management light flicked on and a small trace of last nights dinner in my trousers!

Back we went to the garage. Boost gauge fitted and another test drive to see if it done it again, which it did. The mapper had already started on another car so had to wait for him to finish before he could sort mine out.....

Plugged in the laptop and done something, another test drive and was fine again. Weird!!

All is good now except I need to source a OE intake pipe and fit all the other parts for the tweek. Garage work completed by Rowleys and Steve Sims mapped it on the rolling road down there.

Note to others doing this, keep the standard airbox and intake pipe as they are both good for 450bhp!

Has anybody else had problems with the SFS silicon Intake pipe?

Anyone want to know more then just ask.

Yes have heard similar tales before.

I replaced all of the small bore solenoid vacuum pipes on mine and had nothing but niggly problems, so put back the OEM pipes and all became good again.

So,basically, would recommend keeping the originals everytime.

Although, I've had the intercooler y pipe in silicone for some years, with no problems.

Yes have heard similar tales before.

I replaced all of the small bore solenoid vacuum pipes on mine and had nothing but niggly problems, so put back the OEM pipes and all became good again.

So,basically, would recommend keeping the originals everytime.

Although, I've had the intercooler y pipe in silicone for some years, with no problems.

That's good to know as I was thinking of buying a load to add a bit of colour on top of the coolant hoses that I still need to put on.

Considering you've got STI power there, and the intake pipes aren't much different why the need for the cold intake. My STi makes 350bhp and does so with only a Cosworth air filter in the O.E. intake plumbing. All standard other than that.

That's with ECUTEK dual map and high boost set at 1.5BAR peak droppnig to 1.0BAR top end.

Considering you've got STI power there, and the intake pipes aren't much different why the need for the cold intake. My STi makes 350bhp and does so with only a Cosworth air filter in the O.E. intake plumbing. All standard other than that.

That's with ECUTEK dual map and high boost set at 1.5BAR peak droppnig to 1.0BAR top end.

If I could do it again then I would have kept the OE box and intake pipe, as this car will never go above 350bhp as I only want to put in a bigger turbo and thats it.

In all honesty I was just trying to make my engine bay look a bit more Gucci but it does make some nice sucking sounds at high revs :thumbs:

Hows it going with the cobra system?

The Exhaust is spot on, garage said it went on without any fowling etc. Deep rumble from low revs and really roars when you open her up. Quite a lot of cabin drone as it is 3" pipework but No complaints as that's what I ordered.

Would definately recommend Cobra to anyone.

Will be getting a video loaded up when I have done one.