Anyone know someone at a Vauxhall garage?

Hey kids, long time no speak!

As per the topic - my brother's less than a year old Corsa got loose in the driveway and hit the garage wall. Car was parked up with handbrake on and some point after he left it and 5 hours later the handbrake failed (the lever was all the way to the floor so dodgy ratcher?) and it rolled down the incline.

Arnie Clark and Vauxhall both not interested after first attempt at speaking to them but it shouldn't be an insurance job as it's been a car failure. So looking for someone to speak to!

Cheers

Hi,

I had a similar experience with a garage who did a poor job on my car and caused a huge engine failure. I have RAC cover which includes Legal Cover, I believe pretty much all the breakdown outfits offer this service at some level. Worked really well for me and the garage coughed up for the repairs and all the expenses. Other option is the CAB.....

A letter from a solicitor should sort it!

Not been down to have a look yet to see if I can replicate it. Garage had it to test and couldn't see anything. Vauxhall themselves fobbed him off saying it should be left in gear as thats what the highway code says. Did a quick check tonight and that's pish, so they'll be getting challenged on that.

Yeah it was lever to the floor, so more than likely the ratchet failed somehow. If you search for vauxhall handbrake you'll find loads of hits for watchdog and what not, but this car only new last year so shouldnt be affected. It's been recalled for a brake pedal problem but not the brakes themselves. My folks' driveway is on a slight slope, so he had to have put the brake on before he got out otherwise the car would have rolled straightaway.

Stephen do they have family legal protection on their home insurance policy? If so that would cover the cost of a legal claim. Vauxhall like most manufacturers are difficult to deal with and work on the assumption that if they say no often enough the average punter will give up. Thats why you want legal advice and someone to do it for you.