This Doesn't fit into one "technical" category

Hi

Tried to sell my RB320 a couple of times due to using it as a work car. Now it's not and I need some help. Serious help please

3 straight through

CAI K&N

Remap

Knocking about at 365/410

But I want more power and although I have asked some folks to suggest and price the next steps- they aren't moving fast enough.

So, I know taking the 2.5 above 400bhp isn't wise, what should I do now? Forge it? What turbo? Anything else? I've got cash to burn so I wanna make this car quick and strong.

It's an RB320 but I'm keeping it so it's time to mod more

Gumball

Hi

Tried to sell my RB320 a couple of times due to using it as a work car. Now it's not and I need some help. Serious help please

3 straight through

CAI K&N

Remap

Knocking about at 365/410

But I want more power and although I have asked some folks to suggest and price the next steps- they aren't moving fast enough.

So, I know taking the 2.5 above 400bhp isn't wise, what should I do now? Forge it? What turbo? Anything else? I've got cash to burn so I wanna make this car quick and strong.

It's an RB320 but I'm keeping it so it's time to mod more

Gumball

Forge it with pistons and rods.

Drop a bolt on t or similar turbo.

Bigger injector and fpr.

Remap.

Jobs a good one.

have you spoken to RA motorsport in perth? theyve built a few forged 2.5's now and can do pretty much everything in house, as Peter said you really need to strip it down and forge it, after that budget and taste dictates how big a turbo you want to run. apparently a forged 2.5 can run 550hp with a rotated turbo and still be quite civilised to drive

Wouldn't suggest a spec until I knew how much power you want. 2.5 seems to be good up to 400 as you say but if you're only wanting to go a smidge over then you should be fine. If you want much more then it's time to get out a pencil and a big bit of paper for the list of bits you'll need.

Colin has a fair point. I've seen so many 2.5 with problems that I will never go that route again but that depends in how much power you want Chris.

Ultimate will be a 2.35 build

Or the one that I will go for would be a forge 2.1 build. Greer's have one for sale which means it's ready to go and all the machining work has been done to the cdb.

Bolt your heads on and new turbo and fmic and your off.