Think my engine has just let go on the M8

Was driving along at 80mph on the m8 and heard a swoosh sound next thing I know engine dies and I've got tons of steam pouring out my backbox and engine won't turn over (only tried it the once)

Haven't got a clue where to begin sitting at Junc 3 westbound waiting on recovery :(

yeah it was pure white steam/smoke i was in fast lane of motorway and when i went to hard shoulder you couldnt see any of the 6 lanes of mototrway it was that bad had no smell off it what so ever??? plus it was vey cold here last night so think that make it look even worse.

ive take off cam covers timing belt and pullys are still all intack im just about to check they all line up ok, ive i turn engine by hand anti clock wise it moves no problem then if i turn it clock wise it locks and i dont want to force it but it solid wont move???

im lost now just my luck as ive just bought it after striping and selling all my old wrx grrrrrr

thanks for your imput guys but im lost with this now :icon_hang:

It's just my luck honest, just broke my wrx last month and sold everything off it, then sold the RB5 to get a range rover so I thot I'll buy this wrx as it was only a cheeky grand with 11mths mot guy couldn't afford to run it as it been remapped etc?? I've only had it 3 weeks and spent all my extra cash in FMIC, fuel pump, and 4 new tyres, so if it's got internal damage I may just have to cut my losses as in skint been off work a year after an accident so haven't had a wage in 12mths :(

Thanks for all your info

I've since found another major power steering leak that's been running down cam covers don't know if it's caused belt to slip round due to me heavy cornering just before I got on motorway lost back end on ice so floored it to catch it but my boost limit hit at 13.2psi in 2nd gear I changed into 3 rd the right into fourth and then that's when it all went wrong lost boost and power right away