Blue puff at start up

Hi guys n girls new to subarus as of last week my 98 sti has just started to develope a blue puff in the morning when i start up,as far as i can tell it doesnt smoke after that only on start up its an initial cloud which starts to disipate straight after and smells oily any ideas as to what this could be?

2nd thing i noticed is in 5th if im cruising about 60mph and floor it boost comes in strong seems to ease off a little then comes back strong again

as far as i know engines a stock sti with metal gaskets and new fuel regulator

as for oil level dropping i cant tell as i havent driven much so that im not sure of? noticed a little oil above the recirc bov on the topmount intercooler(both standard fit?

any help would be appreciated

A puff of blue smoke on initial start is nothing to worry about as long as it does not persist. As the car stands a small amount of oil can form in the bottom of the bore or run down a valve guides and so this is burned on the first few revs.

Drive the car gently when cold.

As for boost, do not mash the pedal to the floor but apply full throttle smoothly. If your boost guage shows you achieving full boost and holding, it is merely that the sudden application causes a spike and it takes a couple of seconds for the ECU to sort itself out.