Standard Classic Cat

Hi everyone,

its been a long time since i've been on here, hope everyone is keeping fine and scoobs are lookin after you all.

Ive recently bought sczscoob's wagon and I cant get it through its MOT coz the cat is knackered.

Has anyone got a standard catalyst downpipe exhaust that I can borrow for a few days?

Thanks

Rich

Lo min!

Was wonderin what you were up to these days! :hello:

Not got a downpipe but I think I should have a catted center section somewhere..

Might be worth dropping ScoobyDoom a note.. He's mucking around with exhaust cats at the moment to get throuh an MOT and may has somethign lying aroudn that you can share to get cars throguh :whistle:

Woohoo! Couple options there then.. And another name coming out of hiding :hello:

Managed to find the cat pipe today.. It's covered in cobwebs and could be doign with a wire brush as it's been sitting aroud for 3-4 years.. But available if you need a shotty.. Also it'll either need a bung or sensor to be put in to plug the hole.. :o

Not really been up to much scoobyness this year.. Got chopped up again by the medics again in May so pretty much wrote this year off.. Hopefully be able to get out in the summer in 2012 B)

What about yer sell'? You still got the raptor tucked away somewhere?

And another name coming out of hiding :hello:

:hello: hello alan, no hiding just sadly nothing much taking an interest these days on here. ive mostly been pestering wuz and duncatr whilst rebuilding yet another scoob, wasnt really the intention but hey how

hope your health has improved as a result of operations.

rich has collected cats and hopefully will result in pass.

Edited by euan_r
ive mostly been pestering wuz and duncatr whilst rebuilding yet another scoob, wasnt really the intention but hey how

Is that the Type-R getting some work done? Or you got another project on the go?

rich has collected cats and hopefully will result in pass.

Nice one! :icon_salut:

hope your health has improved as a result of operations.

Sure has. Looks like they did something useful this time :thumbup:

hope they fitted a superchip while they were in there too Al :D

Funnily enough.. I seem to remember Rich saying he was struggled to keep up with my WRX on the BBQ run to craithie a few years back.. Admitedly he hadn't long had the raptor at that point :smiley-taunt014:

Have to say, my car felt really on form that day, really chuckable!. :driving: Currently looking at softening up the dampers to get the car a bit more 'feeling' back into it.

yea thats one of the few things left on my to do list - fit a 22mm whiteline rear arb, drop links and poly arb mounts all round then ease the damping back a touch which will hopefully keep it flat but a bit more supple a ride - well thats the plan anyway!

ARB's and ALK are on my hit list in 2012.. Little undecided on what to go for on the ARB though.. Whether just put a 22mm on rear or 22front and 24rear.. Kinda tempted just to replace both since the car is over 10years old now :o and the standard bushes have probably seen better days :driving:

yea had the same discussion with loads of people but decided as mine is mainly still a road car to try 22mm rear and keep the standard front but replace the drop links and mounting bushes with poly items to reduce movement without making it too stiff (and saving 180 quid on a arb too ;) )