gearbox problems

have got the dreaded crunch in 2nd -3rd and 4th-5th on my scoob.is it worth getting it rebuilt or just get another box??? any good places for prices etc around plymouth as all the places i know wont touch a scooby :brickwall:

Ask alan at engintunner he`s in plymouth if they can`t do it they should know some one who will :D

I've had to put two new/second hand gearboxes in my scooby since i've had it. The layshaft bearings got loud on the first box then ripped all the teeth off on the second gear on my second box. Isit crunching into gear or while in gear? If its just a bearing or synchro rings worn then it could be worth getting it reconned. But will be more costly than a second hand box. If you have damaged the gears the box may as well just be scraped! Did this "crunch" get worse over time or what did you do for it too happen?

have been into reasons on another forum and ended up with abusive messages that only stopped when i threatened to post them for all to see.99% of the lads are great espcially martyn but 1 person and their attitude lets them down.sad really as intend getting loads done maybe even big build on my cdb lump.