Car insurance

What ever bodys insurance like for there impreza .Phoning around tonight and got a qoute of £749 pound from Adrian flux and asked why its as high as that and person on phone says subaru's are getting stolen.Thats new one to me.Well Aplan who i am with are £255 but still have a £500 excess that what it was when i had a my00 uk turbo .You think you get older insurance would come done not go up .Will give Aplan a phone and see if they can sharpen there pencil a bit ie lower qoute .

Edited by Dipsy

Same story across the board I'm afraid... Seems very rare if your insurance has come done in the last 2-3 years (mine has amazingly but not by much).

It's just goign up and and up and up... Getting under £500 seems like you should get a prize, most I beleive are payign £500->£1000.. Mine is £550 at the moment with Keith Michaels (renewal due at the end of the year). But sadly imports do tend to cost more.. Also seems that hte older hte car the more expensive it is as well. But then you pay the whopping big road taxes on teh newer ones.. you can't win :(

yep.. heard that one quite a lot in recent years too... Used to be insurance companies insisted the Impreza had a tracker fitted.. Some insurance companies even paid to get one fitted! Not seems a different story.. If track is fitted you must have something people want to steal so premioum goes up.. Insurance today is totally brain dead IMHO..

As for 'young drivers' yeah insurance for anything under £1000 is damn near impossible.. Getting it under 2k is pretty good going! I held off buying an impreza until I was 25, even then it was just under a grand.. Very difficult to get insurance on an impreza around 20 y/o Which, no offence to anyone, isn't necessarily a bad thing.. :tumbleweed:

... Problem is, you then get people driving them without insurance.. Which is even worse :icon_hang:

yep.. heard that one quite a lot in recent years too... Used to be insurance companies insisted the Impreza had a tracker fitted.. Some insurance companies even paid to get one fitted! Not seems a different story.. If track is fitted you must have something people want to steal so premioum goes up.. Insurance today is totally brain dead IMHO..

As for 'young drivers' yeah insurance for anything under £1000 is damn near impossible.. Getting it under 2k is pretty good going! I held off buying an impreza until I was 25, even then it was just under a grand.. Very difficult to get insurance on an impreza around 20 y/o Which, no offence to anyone, isn't necessarily a bad thing.. :tumbleweed:

... Problem is, you then get people driving them without insurance.. Which is even worse :icon_hang:

I'm £1100 with ecar on my turbo 2000, pretty happy as I'm only 22 myself! Was with asdaonline before and there rewenal was a jump of £1000 on the previous year. When ringing them they said there prices were in line with Market rises! :lol:

Got a tracker installed by the previous owner, but it's not activated, that's about £150 a year I think. But I put it into the quote online and the quote went up £100. How does that work? Thought it would bring it down if anything.

I was thinking of having a garage built last year to keep my impreza in so put it on a quote to see how much i could save and it actually went up over a hundred £ extra as a pose to sitting in full view in a drive way!?!?!?

Just plain crazy :icon_hang:

Im 30 own my own house and still add my mum on my policy as a named driver and it saves me about £120 a year!?! work that out? :brickwall:

ffs it pisses me off when people some how manage to get there insurance cheaper im 24 with six years no claims and second year of ownership and i couldnt get it any cheaper than £1500 so how can a 22 year old get it cheaper it just doesnt add up :angry:

Occupation, location, time of the month, way the wind is blowing, phase of the moon, etc, etc... I have my wife on mine and apparently even though she's only had her license 3 years, she actually reduces my premiums.

• 2 weeks later...

First post so if I don't know the protocols, let me know.

I swapped from Swiftcover when they jacked the premium despite adding another years NCB. I was recommended to Keith Michaels and I have to say I was imprezed.

It's a small company and there's one guy who really knows the market when it comes to Subaru. In other words make sure you speak to him!

He saved me a considerable amount but when the policy docs came I'm with Norwich Union which is nice.

Just to be sure; I have no connection with any part of the insurance industry.

Paul

Im currently with Elephant and i have been with them for the last 8 years. I am paying £750 tpft at the moment.

I am 28 with 8 years no claims no points and no crashes. I also live in an ok area. 99UK Turbo 2000.

Everywhere i have rang round has been above £1000 and alot of places say they wont insure me without a tracker. grrr

Every renewal with elephant i ring up and say i will only stay with them if they lower their price. They normally do lower it, but only by 20-30 quid, but its worth asking at your renewal.

Edited by dannycelluk

Im currently with Elephant and i have been with them for the last 8 years. I am paying £750 tpft at the moment.

I am 28 with 8 years no claims no points and no crashes. I also live in an ok area. 99UK Turbo 2000.

Everywhere i have rang round has been above £1000 and alot of places say they wont insure me without a tracker. grrr

Every renewal with elephant i ring up and say i will only stay with them if they lower their price. They normally do lower it, but only by 20-30 quid, but its worth asking at your renewal.

Im 26 with 9yrs NCB. One claim December 09 at Fault. 2003 WRX STI With Mods declared. £1000 With Keith Michaels.

Most Companies charge more for having a Tracker because if a car gets stolen they would rather it was not found.

Yep totally agree with you all. Thankfully mine is £490 with Admiral multicar with £100 excess but I am 35. But as it has been bought up already, TRACKERS are a joke, they come as standard but if you say it is working your insurance goes up by £100+ How thick are they? Is it because it would cost them more if the car was to be found if stollen and it would cost them more?

Insurance companies please explain to us!!!!!! :iamstupid: