I've been 'Bumped' on Ebay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was calipers I bought. Was like a month ago now, with all the string me along stories I was told. I'm thinking they'll be long gone to some other buyer now. So trying to get my money back so I can buy another set is my thoughts just now. As much as I'd like to go down and turn his garage into a scrap yard for him. I will resist, job related and hobby related reasons would be screwed if I got as much as a sniff of a charge or criminal record. Got a couple places to try for advice tomorrow on my day off. If I don't get any futher with them, then a drive down may well be on the cards....

Well, seems like my persistance has paid off. Nearly!! After all my attempts of contacting this guy a few times each day. I gave up and was planning on a trip down Sunday/Monday to surprise him with a friendly visit. Found a source that lives local to Scooby Donors and found out from them that they're closed just now and back tomorrow from a wedding abroad, so that's why I thought Monday. Wouldn't have wanted to drive all the way down and arrived at a closed garage!

But...... As of 5 minutes ago, a strange number called me and spraffed some rubbish about a major mix up and my parts were sent to the wrong address and they've just arrived back to them.... Bla, bla, bla. They're getting posted tomorrow with special delivery and I've been assured I'll get a tracking id tomorrow morning. Got all their apologies and that, but I'm not buying their story. I think my voicemail regarding I was contemplating a drive down, made them re think? Or they've maybe been seen the post about them on here or snet?

Any how, I'll await my parcel on Saturday morning and I'll let you all know if it arrives.

Ryan.

Good news! Let's hope they're true to their word...

...otherwisewe'll need to get an impromptu meet arranged in wolf town! ;)

Yip. Fingers crossed that they're true to their word. I'll be in touch about that meet lol.....

Yes. Got a tracking number yesterday evening, all seems to check out fine. Just waiting on the delivery today hopefully! Also got major apologise from the guy, his story is far fetched but sounds like it's true? Says if I need any other parts for my car, I've to call him and he'll give me massive discount LOL. Err, dinny hink I will bother though!

Ryan

Did you stuff arrive then ?? Hope it did. nothing like showing the rest of the community how rubbish there service is, wont help their business much.

Na nowt today likes! But, tracking details say it's on route. Obviously they've posted it next day delivery on a Friday morning and been too tight to pay the extra 12 bucks for a Saturday delivery. Cost him £21, so £33 must have been too much! Monday will tell, might just be a few bricks in a box I get? Ha

Ryan

Na nowt today likes! But, tracking details say it's on route. Obviously they've posted it next day delivery on a Friday morning and been too tight to pay the extra 12 bucks for a Saturday delivery. Cost him £21, so £33 must have been too much! Monday will tell, might just be a few bricks in a box I get? Ha

Ryan

and then you take the bricks down to his garage and put them in his car......via the windscreen

any joy yet or are we going to have a big meet at his place

All the stories of them being posted on Friday morning for me to have them on Saturday were made up stories. They never arrived today and I called the guy, who text me back. Said he would check things out with his Dad who posted them! Seems they were only posted via 48hr delivery. So my making plans to have someone in the house on Saturday for the delivery were a waste of time. I called the guy and asked why he couldn't have just told me they were using 48hr delivery and why tell me they had used next day? He brought his Dad into it again and said it was his fault. Then he said 'at least he went out his way to get them to me'! I had to give up at that point, I felt there was no good answer to that kind of mentality.

So again..... await my delivery tomorrow, hopefully this is all over and done with LOL.

Ryan

Well, after paying for my goods on the 5th of April or something, I've finally got them! Gold Brembos and some other bits. All is okay, except he's not included the bolts to mount them on the hub. Are they the same size/thread as my standard 4 pots? Or where will I source some?

This thread aint over yet lol!

You need the bolts for the Brembos as the 4pot bolts have a different thread pitch. Very expensive from Subaru IIRC

Ha Ha, there's me thinking I could see light at the end of my Brembo tunnel! Text the guy asking about the mounting bolts. He replied that they weren't listed with bolts! So I replied with, they weren't listed with a nearly stripped mounting hole either. Never mind nearly a 7 week wait! I asked him if he was for real and how was I meant to mount them without their bolts? He'll have a look in the morning, dikc heed likes.

99.99% certain they are M12X1.5 and 53mm long.

Give Alyn at AS Performance a ring I know he has stock of these as I had exactly the same issue and he had them in stock at a fraction of the subaru price.

The amazing 'proper Subaru garage owner' is going to get his mechanic to look out the bolts if he can? He says they normal don't go with the calipers, but go with the hubs if he sells they complete. Am I right in thinking that the bolts are useless with the hubs, as they only thread into the calipers themselves? Also are the rears not a tad smaller diameter than the front bolts? That last query comes from my memory of looking at them erlier this evening, might be my imagination but?

99.99% certain they are M12X1.5 and 53mm long.

Give Alyn at AS Performance a ring I know he has stock of these as I had exactly the same issue and he had them in stock at a fraction of the subaru price.

The amazing 'proper Subaru garage owner' is going to get his mechanic to look out the bolts if he can? He says they normal don't go with the calipers, but go with the hubs if he sells they complete. Am I right in thinking that the bolts are useless with the hubs, as they only thread into the calipers themselves? Also are the rears not a tad smaller diameter than the front bolts? That last query comes from my memory of looking at them erlier this evening, might be my imagination but?

The front bolts for the brembo's are matched to the caliper they are nothing to do with the hub. They are a totally different size to the rears and to subaru 4 pots. Are the threads on the caliper damaged.

One of the threads on a front caliper look slightly flat compared to the rest, not totally stripped. Hopefully it should be okay when a bolt is run thorugh it, other than that a slighly bigger thread maybe? They're in decent condition other than that.

One of the threads on a front caliper look slightly flat compared to the rest, not totally stripped. Hopefully it should be okay when a bolt is run thorugh it, other than that a slighly bigger thread maybe? They're in decent condition other than that.

When you get the bolts run the bolt through from the opposite side to the side with the damaged thread and hopefully the bolt will clean the thread up.