Parts from a Sport?

Afternoon folks .....quick question?? Needing a lot of parts for a friends project...and wondered if a Sport and Wrx are interchangeable ie. struts, doors,wings? Engine is blown on the Sport but can get it quite cheap if I can swap parts

Cheers in advance :icon_salut:

Cathy

I will just have to try them and see...think the car worth it for the price anyway lol....seemingly some sports can be fitted with wrx struts :unsure: I'll post up my finding :)

They'll all fit but the Sport struts and springs make the car sit a lot higher ;)

just to clear up my confusion Cathy, your going to stick suspension brakes and engine from a rotten bodied wrx into a sound sport with a blown engine? should work ok with a bit of work - just make sure youve the right combo of diffs/gearbox ratio thingys

does this mean your going to be Cathy 4 scoobs? :D

everything will fit straight over. however the brakes are only single pots front and drums on the rear. then theres the issue of the sport struts being softer for comfort. wrx are stiffer for handling and gas filled. the sport springs are also higher than wrx and also softer. so use the shockies/struts with wrx springs to keep the height.

and i doubt the box and diff will be used from the sport. as there built different, as turbo has a slave clutch , sport has a cable. also sure the final drive ratio on the sport is 3.9

plus if swapping over to the sport then the front cross member is different. no rear anti roll bar. and no wires for the turbo system.

Edited by camcq