Vulcanised tyre repair

I have a screw lodged about 15mm from the edge of one of my tyres – as I understand, this is too close to the edge to be plugged – the only method of repair is to have it 'vulcanised'...

Can anyone recommend a garage in the Falkirk/Stirling area who will carry out vulcanised tyre repairs?

Would rather not have to shell out for four new tyres, if at all possible :)

Cheers :thumbup:

Edited by Mystery Machine

So what do y'all tend to do when you get a puncture on the outer edge of one of your tyres?

Tyres are worn to 3mm, so replacing a single tyre isn't really an option with AWD...

Get it repaired of possible, If not depending on the state of the tyres I would try getting away with replacing 2 only!

Tyre can't be plugged, couldn't find anywhere in Central Region who do vulc repairs on-site, plenty who can send the tyre away to be repaired though...

Having said all that, I've decided that with the cost/hassle of getting a vulc repair done, and the fact I've only about 1mm of tread before I bin the tyres anyway, I might as well just replace them.

Spent ages today looking at options for new tyres, just can't decide – pain in the cahoonas :(

"New Life Tyres" in East Edinburgh I know do this kind of repair

Correction, "New Life Tyres" in Duddingston do NOT do vulcanised repairs on-site, tyres have to be sent to their facility in the Borders, turnaround is usually a few days.

Many other tyre fitters offer a similar service ;)

Edited by Mystery Machine